Friday, September 21, 2012

Do You Know Ally?

I thought it'd be fun to quiz you on how well you know me.  There are a dozen questions here and a prize for the person who gets the most answers right.  The prize is nice; you'll enjoy it.

The answers are at the bottom of the post.  We're on the honor system, so tell us how many questions you got correct.  In case of a tie, the final question calls for a one-sentence essay which will be judged to break the tie.  The contest ends Monday morning.

Ready?  Go!

1. What scares Ally the most?
A. Riding a motorcycle at 140 mph
B. Mixing patterns
C. Buying women's panties in a department store

2. For a living, Ally:
A. Boxes professionally
B. Practices commercial law
C. Steals candy from little children

3. What does Ally love most?
A. Neckties
B. Mens suits
C. Pantyhose

4. When Ally comments on blogs, she's:
A. Curt and dismissive
B. Haughty and condescending
C. Friendly and supportive

5. To relax, Ally enjoys:
A. Reading fashion blogs
B. Torturing ants with a magnifying glass
C. Brewing her special brand of moonshine

6. Ally's favorite blog is:
A. Yours
B. Someone else's
C. Honey Boo Boo's

7. Ally's favorite sport is:
A. Baseball
B. Curling
C. Pinball

8. Ally's earliest memory of wanting to be a girl was at age:
A. 4
B. 8
C. 49

9. Ally's favorite movie of this year is:
A. "The Three Stooges"
B. "Green Lantern"
C. "The Artist"

10. What kind of sibling did Ally have:
A. A brother
B. A sister
C. An alien of indefinite gender

11. Ally's lifetime dream is to be:
A. A rich financier
B. A snarling lizard
C. A sweet woman

12. Tiebreaker Question: In one sentence, describe Ally's fashion style.

Answers: 1. C; 2. B; 3. C; 4. C; 5. A; 6. A; 7. A; 8. A; 9. C; 10. A; 11. C

20 comments:

  1. Yay! I got them all except for number 7. If I had to pick, baseball would probably be my favorite sport too. Can't wait to watch the Artist this weekend.

    Ally's style is feminine and fun - and just a little bit rebellious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it! I missed #10. I thought for sure the answer was C... Maybe that was just wishful thinking. I got all the rest though, so that's something!

    Ally's style - Stocking-wearing, color-loving classic style with a pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got everything correct but 1 [I said patterns, because that's my fear, lol].

    Ally's style = fun + colorful, in every aspect of her life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new bud of yours, so by guessing I got 9 correct. Your style: elegant, colorful, daring, original!

    I think I would enjoy brewing moonshine and being a lizard, thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have kicked myself if I had not got them all correct.

    Allys style ... I do believe is a little of everything ... you want to try it all and have no problem tossing a biker jacket and studded boots into the mix should the fancy take you ... but at your core, you're feminine and elegant.

    Have a fabulous weekend Ally - we have a three day weekend .. yippee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good blog. And you do have the legs for pantyhose and tights. However, for me, I feel squished in them. I'd love to find a good fit in tights but I don't think they are at the drug store. This year I'm going to try Lane Bryant. And by the way, those red heels are the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to say that I got all of them right. BUT... I think #2 is a trick question. All of the answers are the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got them all but the sport question - thought maybe you were trying to trick us, lol!

    Ally's style is fresh, fun and a little daring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10/11. Missed #3. I'm smart.

    Ally's style is constantly evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got them all except number 7. Ally's style is ever changing and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drat! Stumbled over #5 - thought I had you pegged as a moonshine gal, unwinding all dissipated-like! Adore today's accompanying photos.

    Ally's altogether lovely style echoes her vivid personality, encompassing a broad range of looks with skilful use of colour and fabulous accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ally, I think you are a sweet person. Male or female doesn't matter - being a sweet, kind human being is the most important thing to me.

    I agree, your style is evolving as I think all style should be for us to be vibrant and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was happy to get them all right, but then I feel like I do know you, not only from your own blog, but your comments on others' blogs. I actually read your blog from start to finish, like a book, not long after I discovered it.

    However, if Honey Boo Boo does actually have a blog, I am deeply disturbed. I accidentally saw part of her show when The Teen was in the hospital, and have not recovered from the experience. The few times I saw part of "Tantrums and Tiaras," I had the strong urge to spank someone, and it wasn't the beauty queens...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only got #6 wrong. I guessed B. I thought for sure Honey Boo Boo was your favorite (kidding!). My one-word definition of your style is "eclectic."

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got 7. I had to google Honey-Boo. Oh my, that is bad.

    But what is good, lovely and so well-thought out, are yor blog posts and comments, Ally. I really appreciate the effort you put into blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, I missed this contest. I probably wouldn't have been able to answer several correctly, but hopefully that'll change soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am happy to report that I do know Ally very well....!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got them all right, of course. I thought this was gonna be hard! ;)

    But I have to say - for 11-C...

    You already are.

    ReplyDelete