Monday, September 24, 2012

Blogger Meetup With Lawyerdoll

Reading a blog is looking into someone's life through a prism.  You seem some of who they are but not all.  I've learned, from almost a dozen meetups, that there are always some things that don't come through the online window.  Meeting someone in person, however, will tell you all you need to know in five minutes.

Lawyerdoll and Freeda are sisters.  I've been reading their blogs for years.  They're fun and funny.  Yesterday, Lawyerdoll  offered me the chance to meet her in person for the first time.  I jumped at it and we spent a few enjoyable hours in Queens.

We started out our meetup by watching Lawyerdoll shop for shoes.  To choose three pairs from a mountain of open boxes, she weighed the pros and cons of each pair, how they'd fit into her shoe-collection, and whether she wanted to be practical or fashionable.  It was instructive to listen to her inner dialogue.  Afterward, we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner.  We had pleasant conversations about fashion, family, criminal justice (her career) and social issues.

Another fun meetup!

15 comments:

  1. I've never done a blogger meet up! I'm way too shy & awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another fun meetup for sure! I'm glad you've had a chance to spend time with so many awesome people lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am desperately awkward and shy too, but would love to meet fellow bloggers someday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet bloggers, but I live frikkin far from everything / everyone ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ALLY, almost a dozen meet ups !
    I think its marvelous that blogging has allowed you to meet so many people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading about your meetups. I met two internet friends earlier this year, it was so nice -after a little awkwardness, t was like pressing fast forward to comfortable-ness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cool! You've had a lot of meet-ups. Very exciting. I still wish I didn't live so far away from everyone I "know".

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so cool to get to see you finally! I was pretty nervous, and I tend to chatter… but you ask good questions. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ask her where her fucking child was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what you are talking about... I don't HAVE any children. SMH

      And what's it to you, anyway?

      Delete