That's LaToya on the left. She's a fitness-fanatic and exercises regularly. Can you tell? She looks amazing. I laughed when I read that LaToya took a guy on a first-date to the gym. That quickly weeds out guys who aren't compatible with her!
LaToya got this animal-print dress for $7 at a thrift-store. That's my kinda gal.
Can you bear hearing seven more facts about me? I hope so. That's what the award offers me a chance to discuss.
1. Blogging makes me happy. Very, very happy. Happier than anything since I learned to ride a motorcycle.
2. The best part of blogging is interacting with you. Yes, you! My readers become my friends and talking to my friends is deeply joyful.
3. I can't believe I have 49 followers. When I started a year ago, I hoped to find two or three people who'd want to read my blog. I never expected more than that. I'm so lucky.
4. Numbers amuse me and the idea of reaching 50 followers gives me a thrill. I don't know how long it will take, but every day I look at the total and wonder when it will happen. Just one more!!
5. I can't believe I have followers from other countries, including some obscure countries that don't speak English. I initially thought the differences in culture and language would pose problems, but these gals speak perfect English and their clothes are very similar to ours. See, for example, Lidia who lives in Hungary.
Google has a free translation program and, to amuse my foreign friends, I often post on their blogs in their language. It isn't free from trouble, however... I recently complimented a Latvian friend on her well-toned arms and Google translated "arms" as "weapons"! She laughed a lot at that.
6. I always carry magazines with me so I have something to read when stuck doing nothing. In court, for example, I often have to wait for my case to be called. In a room full of middle-aged male lawyers in suits, I sit and read fashion magazines and clothes catalogs, planning future outfits. There's something quirky about that, but I enjoy being myself and not pretending to be someone I'm not.
7. I'm not a football fan but it looks like my home-team (New York Jets) may make it to the SuperBowl and play Freeda's home-team (Green Bay Packers). Freeda is getting all competitive about it so, if our teams play each other, we've agreed to a wager on the outcome -- the winner gets a new tube of lipstick from the loser! I love having girlfriends. :)