Friday, May 23, 2014

Winners

I used to fear failure.  But then I realized you learn from failure and, if you're persistent, it's merely a pit-stop on the road to success.  So I now welcome failure as an opportunity to improve myself.

My outfit yesterday was awful.  So bad it reminded me of my earliest efforts which were pathetic.  But then I remembered I can learn from the mistake.  Mustering courage, I posted pictures and invited suggestions.  What a smart move!

Your comments are so helpful.  So skilled and creative.  The mental roadblock I had with the skirt was demolished by the half-dozen terrific tips you guys gave.  I can't wait to try them.

Now I know ways to wear the skirt and look good.  That was impossible for me two days ago.  Thanks!

I'm considering myself a winner for being brave, putting myself out there, and being rewarded with greater ability.  How do you handle set-backs and failures?

There's another winner to celebrate.  Two weeks ago I challenged you to come up with a humorous caption for a funny picture of Emma.  Many of you did.  The prize -- which is a $50 gift-card to Sephora -- was won by Beth, whose clever entry is shown below.  Thanks for playing!




I can too hold my breath longer than you!!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Ally!!! You are seriously the best - I just emailed you my address. Day=made. I'm jumping up and down over here, I never win things!!! Thanks again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this!!! Such a funny idea!!! Bethie's was so funny! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Beth! That was a good one :)

    And I don't think the outfit was as bad as you made it out to be, Ally. It had redeeming points, most importantly, you had fun creating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma. Being sensitive, I tend to overdramatize stuff in my life. Guilty as charged. :-)

      Delete
  4. We ALL have those outfits, just bloggers have the misfortune of a visual record of it. I def have some cringe worthy outfits in my archives so don't feel too badly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that you are brave enough to share with us all your outfits whether you feel they are good or not ... That is definitely how you learn and find out what works for you.

    You are a special human being!!!

    ReplyDelete