Sunday, April 15, 2018

More Victoria

Canadians give me hope for the future of our species. In public, they are polite and behave in civilized manner. This morning a group of teenage rugby-players in my hotel lined up at a coffee-stand. They paid attention and made sure everyone was being treated fairly. The idea of cutting the line (which would have been easy to pull off) was inconceivable to them. Such a contrast to many of my country's citizens.

Sheila is continuing to demonstrate her superior tour-guide talent. With supernatural ability, she reads my mind about what will make me happy and steers me to those places and activities. It's uncanny.

A delight of this trip is the wide range of experiences I'm having. Seeing natural beauty, encountering wildlife, visiting natural history and art exhibitions at a phenomenal museum, and socializing with a group of friendly Canadians introduced to me by my generous host. The trip is a home-run. Or, more appropriately, a hockey goal!























10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your trip to Victoria is living up to your expectations, and I was never in any doubt that Sheila would be the perfect guide! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you managed to catch some of the tulips.

    Victoria is the city is sometimes called the garden city do to all the flowers and lush foliage.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so lovely to meet you and Sheila! I wish I had more time to hang out with you both! Hopefully I'll make it NY one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, there you are! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Royal BC Museum - it has a special place in my heart! I'll be posting that same picture of the tulips on the Empress grounds. That picture of the seagull made me laugh out loud!

    I hope your trip home is smooth, and you get home safely. I so very much appreciate that you took all this time to travel so far to see me, Ally. It was amazing to get to really know you! Hugs, and I'm definitely going to be out that way one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are fab, esp that seagull! Nice to see you with the Woolly Mammoth! I'm glad you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a gifted photographer! The first image of you and the elephant is amazing, Beautiful shot of the tulips and framed seagull.
    Yes to Canada and nice manners !
    ❤️❤️❤️

    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had an awesome time ... It is wonderful to hear that there are some young people who are being brought up right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip! Those teenagers could teach my brother Liam a lesson in manners :)

    ReplyDelete