Sunday, April 1, 2018

April Fool's Day

A few days ago I gave you some ideas for pranks. Today, I did some. I practice what I preach!

Every year I play a joke or two on my wife Robin. She'd be disappointed if I didn't. This year, I played two pranks. Robin laughed at the first one and gasped at the second.

First, I replaced an image of the two of us in a framed photo on her desk with a picture of Pee-Wee Herman. (See below.) We both love Pee-Wee, especially his first film ("Pee-Wee's Big Adventure") which was directed by Tim Burton. It's a masterpiece of cinematic art.

Second, I stuck a flat pillow with an image of a pug's head on it in our medical cabinet. When Robin opened the cabinet-door to get her toothbrush, she was surprised!







18 comments:

  1. HA! I love the pug pillow. Early Tim Burton movies are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally don't like pranks of any kind, but these were great! Especially since Pee-Wee and pugs are two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- the pug pillow! So cute + funny!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! We are always playing jokes on each other. Its all about keeping the laughter going! Did she notice PeeWee right away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No and that made it even funnier when she finally did.

      Delete
  5. Ha ha! LOVE the pug...you knew I would.

    I've been having lots of difficulty lately commenting on anyone's blog that is on Blogger. I'm hoping this works as I couldn't comment anywhere yesterday.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading you loud and clear. YOU were the reason I bought the pug pillow. Fooling Robin was only a side-benefit I came up with after bringing it home.

      Delete
  6. Paul Reubens (Reubenfeld) was born in Peekskill, NY. I look for connections where ever they may lead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is a small place. We only have to look deep enough to see connections.

      Delete
  7. The flat pillow with the pug’s head is just the medicine I need! You are such a funny prankster. This is exactly what April fools is all about !
    Such fun. My hubby is also a fan of Pee Wee!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, both of those are brilliant! I KNEW the pug was coming when you wrote it but the image still shocked me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly do practice what you preach ... Love the PUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah, i'd be soooo surprised at finding a pug in the medicine cabinet.. you're quite creative.

    ReplyDelete