Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Ms. Conundrum

Do you know this girl?

She rides fast motorcycles, likes to wear pretty dresses, roots wildly for a hockey team called the Devils, collects fine art, paints her toes bright red, cooks with fiery hot peppers, attends symphony orchestra concerts, knows how to pick a lock, invested in cryptocurrency before others knew about it, reads philosophy, loves high heels, hikes in the woods, ponders the nature of consciousness, lifts weights, achieved professional éclat during a long career, savors 33 year old single malt whisky (Laphroaig), etc. And that's not even opening the box of secret activities only her close friends know about. 

She is, as Sir Winston Churchill said in 1939, "a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."



16 comments:

  1. Woo! I know that girl! Laphroig, eh? That's a peaty one. I do miss my single malts a bit, but I'm now over 4 years sober.

    Love seeing the pink maribou gown again! That is what started my year of Mom-Day Adventures, getting my mom to dress up in that at Craigdarroch Castle. I have you to thank for helping me repair my relationship with Mom, Ally - fashion is so healing, isn't it? :)

    Great to see you as yourself! Gawds, why didn't that robe look that good on me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink very small quantities, very seldom, solely for taste not inebriation.

      Wow, I didn't realize this garment played a role in your relationship. That makes me happy.

      Yes, clothing is super important. It, for instance, allows me to express my inner self authentically.

      Delete
  2. Hey! I know that lady! It's always good to see your smiling face. Your whiskey is older than me. Just barely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this! And the matching eyeshadow! So girly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty in pink : )

    I never knew you know how to pick a lock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Just don't ride your motorcycle wearing that. It will get burnt on the exhaust! That is really a fancy negligee and can't say I've seen anything like that in stores. It must feel very glamorous wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I found it online. I don't know if you've seen me riding a motorcycle in a tutu but there's a link up right to it. :)

      Delete
  6. She's so pretty!!! I'm reading this on a Wednesday and the Meangirls say, "We wear pink on Wednesdays". But you're not a mean girl, you're a kind one! Many, many secret talents and a really kind, thoughtful friend on top of all that!

    ReplyDelete