Sunday, February 13, 2022

Back To Basics

I started this blog a dozen years ago with the primary intent to explore my femininity. I hoped to do that with outfit-posts, questions about female life, and making new friends. It's been a success although it occasionally detours into other areas, like autobiography, travel and my other passions.

I was able to create outfits in the beginning and get your valuable feedback. ("Put a belt on it!") Lately, however, I haven't been able to create outfit-posts due to a variety of factors, primarily home-renovation. All of my female clothes, makeup and supplies are stored in boxes, largely inaccessible. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't bother me. Female expression is not only central to my inner self, it's the reward I promised myself for conforming to conventional gender-expectations for a looong time. Too long.

My plan is to resume this activity when I acquire and set up a new playhouse. That, unfortunately, is taking longer than expected because of a temporary dip in my investments. You've probably heard how the stock market, crypto- and everything else tanked this Winter. I'm still pursuing my plan but waiting until the investments bounce back.

In the meantime, I miss dresses! And heels. And makeup. I pulled stuff out of storage to have some fun. The dress was recently given to me by a very close friend and I've been itching to try it on. Here it is in all its glory.

Thoughts?




21 comments:

  1. Rawr! You look fantastic, Ally! I love the slight side-part of your hair, and the red lip is fantastic. This fool-your-eye silhouette looks fabulous on you, and the shoes are perfect. You remind me of my favourite VP at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. I used as many tricks as I know. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow is all I can say! You're really pulling this look off, Ally! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MISSED your outfits!! I love seeing you get to explore this strong part of your identity and missed seeing you find new and glorious outfits to try! Your dress is really clever the way it makes a silhouette! Love your hairstyle too. It's really attractive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kezzie! Those are the sweetest words. :)

      Delete
  4. Looking good Ally, love the dress. Glad to read that you were able to have a little time to express your inner self. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for self-expression! I'm so happy to see you getting to dress up- and leopard is such a fun choice! You could definitely remix this dress a few ways: a black boyfriend blazer, a motorcycle to add some edge, or even a denim jacket to make it more casual. I love it!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun. Classic "Ally-cat" too.

    It's always frustrating to be living out of boxes, but hopefully you'll have an end date to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friend who gave it to me is very familiar with my style. She clothes me as well as a stylist!

      Delete
  7. Looks great Ally! And a red lip is always perfect with leopard print. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no clue to who gave you the dress, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Suzanne. She has so many dresses and knows you so well. The dress is cleverly designed with the black sides. I was already thinking, going through your posts, "Where is Ally?" Glad you were able to create this.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress on you!

    However, I am not going to give fashion advice since I mostly live in yoga pants, leggings and fleece pullovers lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out even better than I'd imagined! I'm so delighted it brought you some joy. I cannot wait to see that robe too.

    This would be a great dress to wear out for supper the next time you visit : )

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete