Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fashion Art

There's something wonderfully symbolic about a fresh pair of hosiery.  To celebrate the New Year, I purchased an attractive pair of seamed stockings.  I played with them to see what visual images I could produce.  Here are some results.

I'm attracted to art made with female bodies and feminine clothes.  The lines of a silhouette, the curves of surfaces, the textures and colors.  They all evoke aesthetic and personal responses in me.

Being a model as well as a photographer is hard work.  When shooting, I'm not able to see through the viewfinder so I have to take a lot of bad pictures in order to get a few good ones.  Plus, this time my calves are howling like wolves from flexing them so much.  The things we do for our blogs!


 
 

11 comments:

  1. Interesting post Ally, I'm in agreement with you when it comes to your comments regarding female art. I know what you mean with regards to being both a model and photographer, it's very hard work just to get those few special shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People think being a model is easy, but it's hard physical work!! Art is hard to make!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shots. I imagine that took a few tries. :-)

    Happy New Year, Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such dedication! But great shots Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I hear ya on how difficult it is to get a good shot since I take my own photos with the camera timer. I watched one of those model reality shows once and was impressed at how hard it is to make one's body, expression, etc. all work together to convey a desired effect. These are great photos - you really captured both strength and femininity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find modelling to be horrible and really admire people who can do it. Very sexy stocking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what I'd do for a fraction of the definition you have in your calves! :)

    Awesome seamed stocking look, dear Ally. Naturally it gets two massive vintage loving thumbs up from me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Great calves!!! Getting the perfect shot is definitely a challenge.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures.
    AND you beat me ! I have not worn stockings like these ever.

    ReplyDelete