Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Day In The City

I took a rare day off work today and spent it having fun with my good friend Meghan.  I met Meghan two years ago through her blog and we have several mutual friends.  (Are you listening, Megan Mae?)  This was the third time we've met in person (I visited her in Philly where she lives and we spent an earlier day thrifting in NYC.)  We were joined today by Meghan's friend Brenna who came in from Massachusetts.

Meghan has palpable charm and we enjoyed long conversations about her new job, her boyfriend, her fiction-writing and her life.  Meghan wore a dress she made herself featuring owls in the print.  She also wore an owl necklace.  I admire her sewing ability.  She offered to teach me that skill and I may take her up on the offer.

We planned today months ago in order to get tickets to the hottest show on Broadway -- "Kinky Boots".  Kinky Boots won the Tony award last year for Best Musical.  Its music was composed by Cyndi Lauper (who became famous in the Eighties with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun").

The show was great.  A rousing song-and-dance musical with top-notch performances.  The outfits and choreography were amazing.  We were lucky to score terrific seats -- second row, center -- which gave us the best view in the theater.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, and those who have yet to make up their minds...".

Here are some pictures from our day.  Why don't you come visit New York??








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

19 comments:

  1. Oh, what a blast! I loved "Kinky Boots" the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun was had by all. I adored the movie and would love to see the musical. I really hope that we get it in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't been to NY since i was a kid!! it is definitely on my list of places to visit again! sounds like you guys had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day you had! That is awesome that you scored such close up seats!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I would love to see Kinky Boots at some point, it sounds like such a fun show. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look radiant. Blogger meet-ups are the best, and I'm sure that Kinky Boots was the perfect place to enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NYC has got to be my favourite city in the world! I miss it. You guys look like you had a fabulous time!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw you both are adorable!!! my mom took me to see kinky boots and i LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I haven't seen kinky boots yet.

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, looks like you both had a great time. My wife and I both enjoyed the Kinky Boots movie when it was aired on television a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great get together. I love the personal relationships you have built over the blogsphere.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting New York is one of my dreams. Perhaps some day! I loved the movie Kinky Boots so I would love seeing the musical. It looks like you had a fantastic time and I love the picture of you with Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. New York, Broadway and meeting up with such a lovely friend ? That sounds pure perfection to me ! I visited NY on my honeymoon almost 3 years ago and been wanting to go back since then. Those two weeks were absolutely wonderful and next time I come I hope we can also meet up ! I'd love it ! :) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome looking blogger meet-up day! I'm thrilled for you both. That is certainly one of the perks of living in, or near, a big city (let alone one as epic in size and population as NYC) - you're able to meet up with online friends in person, instead of just (marvelous as such is) building your bond across the ol' interwebs. I hope you and Meghan are able to share many more great meet-ups in the future.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how amazing ! I love to see that blogging friends take the time to meet up and I am certain that you enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was so excited when I read you guys were hanging out again. (: What an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how awesome- sounds like you had a great time. I will come to visit one day for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete