Thursday, November 25, 2010

Helmut Newton

Helmut Newton is one of the most famous fashion photographers.  His work spanned four decades and appeared frequently in Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.

Newton was born in Germany in 1920.  Being Jewish, he left the country as a teenager.  He travelled to Australia, then moved to England, and later lived in Paris.

Newton's photos, while beautiful, had a distinct edge which set them apart from conventional stuff.  Sometimes, his photos even had erotic charge.  Here is a sample of his photographs.  Tell me what you think.








7 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these! :)
    They all look lovely and I'm always happy to read something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ya!! glad you are doing well-- I know what you mean about the computer.. mine crashed when I went to Hawaii and I was feeling like an addict not being able to get online!! pretty sad actually :)

    The pics above are, well... va va voom!! I am always interested in photograhy stye since I want to take better pics myself.. so great to see them!!

    good to see you!! and happy Thanksgiving!! Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super beautiful & sexy photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, I think i perfer the slightly less "va va voom" image though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Particularly the third picture down. Inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog! I love Helmut...he was a genius....

    ReplyDelete