Thursday, November 25, 2010

Baseball

I like baseball.  I played it when I was young.  Baseball has a poetry about it that's missing from other organized sports.

When I visit stadiums around the country, I always bring home a ball as a memento.  Every stadium sells balls with the logo of their team on it.  They're pretty, can be used to play catch, and serve as a reminder of the experience.

For my birthday, I asked Robin to get me a large wooden bowl in which I could display my balls.  (You have a dirty mind!)  Here it is: I like the way it turned out...


5 comments:

  1. May your hearts and home be full of divine blessings on this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bowl looks so fancy with all the balls in it! :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Idea! I was at a Baseballgame when I was on Vacation in Toledo 6 or 7 years ago, it was so much fun! And, of course, I bought a Baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I never see this post?? Weird. Anyway, you and I share a love for baseball. My husband and I try to visit other ballparks too. I have a bowl full of balls that have been thrown to me by SF Giants players. We share a season ticket package and go to tons of games. We also go to Spring Training every March in AZ.

    When you come to SF I'll take you to a game!!

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love baseball and your town is one of my favorite places. I spent my honeymoon there a decade ago. Didn't see the stadium though, so that's a future treat.

    ReplyDelete