Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Holga Week


Holga Week is approaching!

A group of hardy/crazy enthusiasts will celebrate the Holga camera next week (Oct. 1-7). I am among them. Because this cheap plastic tool produces unpredictable photographs, we embrace its unique charm. And we will do so in the finest way possible -- by actually using the camera. 

During Holga Week contestants shoot 120-roll film and enter our pictures in friendly competition. Winner gets a non-working Holga that's been spray-painted gold which makes it even less valuable. Hey, you need a sense of humor to be a Holga-lover. Photo companies -- including my favorite, which is really named "Old School Photo Lab" -- are contributing additional prizes (e.g., photo supplies for Holga cameras).

It will be interesting to see what people come up with. I have several ideas for future photos and will show them to you later. Maybe one will win the coveted, worthless Gold Holga!







7 comments:

  1. No trophy is ever truly useless if it makes you feel proud/artistic/awesome. :)

    I love your Holga pictures! Keep us posted on Holga Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that sounds super fun! I hope you have a great time! Share updates with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bw photographs are actually really good. Great to know about the Holga film and the enthusiasts using this cam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I think your photos are wonderfully atmospheric! I would be interested to see the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holga images really resonate with me as well. There's something very primitive (photographically speaking, I mean) and yet strikingly artistic, elegant even, to many of the images they capture.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete