Sunday, December 30, 2018

Next Year


What are your hopes and plans for 2019?

As we slide out of 2018, I'm happy to turn the page. My year started off right with motorcycle trips and fun events, but headed downward toward the end. Like the stock market, my third-quarter was diminished when health concerns came out of no where. They sapped my natural enthusiasm and kept me away from activities like blogging. I want to reverse that trend and am looking for support. Describe your optimism for next year and maybe your positive attitude will rub off on me.

With conscious effort, I'm putting aside negative concerns and striving to create fun new projects. One is to revive my previous series of blog-interviews with others doing good work online. One blogger -- whom I'm sure you don't know but should -- is hard at work on her interview. She has a passion for something super-cool (vintage makeup) and her expertise on the subject is extraordinary. You'll love learning from her.

Another project I want to pursue is a special photo-shoot of my new custom-made dress. I can't tell you how well this dress fits and looks. Its design and execution were chosen with me in mind and, given that most female clothing is not created for my body, the dress stands out in every aspect. Thank you to Aimee for creating the magnificent dress and to my photographer-friend for offering her expertise in capturing its beauty.

A third thing I'm pondering are new ways to express my femininity. This has been percolating for the past few years. I love buying and wearing pretty clothes but, at the end of the day, it's lonely without friends. I've had a few opportunities to shop and hang out with girlfriends (e.g., Suzanne, Sheila) -- the joy those experiences give me is intense and boundless. I want more of that. I *need* more of that. Somehow, I'll find new ways to get it -- even if I have to show up at your front door. <knock, knock>

How 'bout you? What do you want to do next year?

17 comments:

  1. You're always welcome to join me on a shopping trip, Ally! I hope your health concerns are a thing of the past, and that you can start 2019 on a positive vibe. I'm not usually making resolutions but would love to continue what we started this year, which is going away more often. Also, we hope to be selling my parental home this year, which would finally give me closure. You are looking properly festive and feminine in that outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pal. I hope you travel a lot and enjoy adventures.

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit Ally!!! Hope you are back to feeling healthy. Wishes for a super spectacular 2019 with lots of blog posts!!!!

    I no longer make resolutions however would love 2019 to be a healthy one (with a little less weight on me bones!!!); filled with love from my boys and lots of scrapbooking (which blesses me) and crocheting (which will bless others)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to learn you have had some health issues. Those tend to put a damper on everything. I hope they have passed now so you can focus on only good vibes for the future.

    We need to figure out when you can get back up here. It'll be good for both of us.

    I'm wishing you health, happiness and love for 2019! You deserve it!

    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sweetie. And, yes, we're good for each other!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had some health concerns recently. I hope all is well now or that you are at least on the path to being well.

    That dress looks great on you. Polka dots are so fun to mix and match with different patterns and textures, aren't they?

    I hope you have a bright, happy, and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like polka dots. I found this cute wrap (cheap) and mixed it with a dress in my closet. Not sure if it'd work but I like the result. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Look at you, all glammed up! I hope 2019 brings you more of the things you want out of life. Hugs to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a great 2019 Ally.

    I'm hoping to grow my hair out in 2019 having tried and failed several times in the past. I hope to dress more often too, I've not enough off that and it makes me sad.

    Take care

    Lotte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant outfit!! I can't wait to see what you have planned for this new dress. I am trying to imagine what it looks like!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love to see you exploring your femininity and discovering new ways to look and feel your best. 2019 is going to be a great year for you—I can feel it!

    Also I’m sorry about the health issues and you know I’m only an email away if you ever want to chat. Hoping to get better at that in the new year. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. HNY Allie !
    What a great way to start the year, in a custom made dress :)
    I hope you get through your health issue in flying colors and soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is awesome. It definitely highlights YOU.

    I've spent the last six months trying to rebuild my life. I want to keep improving my job and the company I work for. I want to rebuild my own health, and grow stronger again. It's hard , but the only way is forward.

    ReplyDelete