1. One of the important things I've learned in life is that we create our own reality. We see what we're capable of seeing (and miss many other things). We get what we give to others. We react to incidents in ways our psyches incline us. This realization about how life is largely affected by who we are is incredibly hopeful because it means we can shape our destiny to a greater degree than we are taught.
2. A downside to it though is that we often respond unthinkingly to things in patterns of behavior created during childhood. We stub our toe and moan for hours about how unfair the world is to us, when all that happened was a stubbed toe. It's valuable to step back from our daily life and re-think if we're acting in ways that bring us happiness. We often aren't and can make improvements through conscious choice.
3. I'm trying to break out of the prison others have consigned me to. Early on, my parents locked me up in male-ness and I've lived there for decades. I didn't believe I had a choice. But now I think I do. Society still expects me not to show any interest in girly things and yet my desire for them remains unabated. I'm tunneling an escape path through the concrete prison walls and quietly sneaking past the guards... Wish me luck! I hope to see you on the other side.
4. Support from others, like you, has a huge impact on my life. It gives me courage. It gives me strength. It gives me the very idea I can live a real, authentic life. When you are nice to me, you're making a bigger difference in someone's life than you probably will with anyone else.
5. I'm flattered when someone reads my blog. The act of doing it presumes interest in someone who's different and implies support for them despite their deviance. That's a serious act and I appreciate it.
6. Someone whom I won't mention (yet) read my blog, saw a dream I revealed in an early post, and encouraged me to realize that dream. I decided to do it and the pursuit of the dream has become a major project for me. Both the journey and destination of the project are magical experiences. Lots of legwork is needed and I'm loving doing that, plus it gives me an excuse to enlist my real-life friends in a shared girly enterprise. I plan a BIG splashy surprise in a few weeks when I share this dream with you guys. Until then, keep this a secret just between us, okay? Don't go tellin' anyone...
7. It's almost Friday!