Sunday, January 16, 2022

Craziness

Surgeons ought to excise a part of my brain.

I'm not just capable of crazy behavior, I'm prone to it. I mean, who else thinks -- when the temperature is 16-degrees and fierce wind makes it bite deeper -- that it might be fun to go to the seashore and take pictures? No sane person. Even seagulls looked at me oddly yesterday.

I had to remove my gloves to operate cameras. (I took three.) Instantly my fingers froze stiff and fell off. Now I have only stumps. But... I came home with pictures. Most are on film so I have to wait three weeks for developing/scanning.

Shortly before I went outside, I got a taped message: "As always, should you or any of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Ally."



16 comments:

  1. BRRRR! I'm glad you can still operate your camera with just stumps left. Looking forward to seeing more! Pictures though, not stumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo was well worth braving the arctic conditions for. I do hope your fingers grow back, Ally :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My husband would totally do something like that (& does).

    I'm usually dragged into kicking and screaming but end up having fun.

    Glad you weren't caught or killed and lived to post the pictures lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, stumps! But I bet the photos are great- can't wait to see the rest!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh-er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE those icicles but my hands are aching in sympathy for your bitter, frozen stumps!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you for braving the cold weather. That's a lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not a alone, my friend. Living in a part of the world where winter weather almost always spans 5 - 7 months, I have scarified my fingers (and a various other body parts, too, lol!) for the sake of photography on many an occasion, too.

    Way to go on braving such bone chilling temps and surviving to tell the tale here. I am sure your photos from that day are well worth the stumps. ;D

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still waiting to see how they turned out.

      Delete