Saturday, August 7, 2021

Skordalia

I love garlic so when I see "garlic dip" in Greek restaurants I always try it. It's called Skordalia and served with pita bread.

I never knew what else is in the dish so I looked it up. And made some today. Delicious!

In addition to garlic, Skordalia has potatoes (lots of 'em, boiled and mashed), lemon juice and olive oil. For spice, I add small chunks of fresh jalapenos which are optional, of course.

Skordalia is a simple dish easy to make and perfect for Summer meals. Try it!

17 comments:

  1. I'm making this asap. Garlic should be my middle name..Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm not a big garlic fan, however - it upsets my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you- gimme all the garlic!

    And thank you so much for the sweet letter- and the photo! You rocked that hike (Starbuck's at the top or not) and the view looked amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. So scrumptious! And, arguably, thanks to the spuds, a more filling dish than hummus. Mediterranean food and the summer months are a match made in sun-kissed heaven, if you ask me.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Garlic and potatoes are under-rated.

      Delete
  5. Yum, this sounds like my kind of thing. I LOVE garlic. Any recipe that calls for 2-3 cloves of garlic, I throw in 10 extra cloves. Hahaha. I need to make this stat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! And yes, I always add more garlic, usually at least double the amount the recipe calls for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally want to try this when my brother and his new GF come over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, LIKE the sound of that dip- it sounds a bit like garlicky mashed potato which I am very much interested in! I've got my own homegrown garlic and potatoes so maybe I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try making it too. We eat a lot of garlic.

    ReplyDelete