Sunday, August 29, 2021

Fine Art


I've always wanted to collect art and finally started the process. 

As much as I know about art itself, there's plenty more to learn on the collecting process. Buying museum-level pieces of fine art involves figuring out where to go to buy the work (e.g., art gallery, auction house, art fair), what's reasonable to pay, how to transport expensive pieces, whether you need specific insurance, and ways to display art with sufficient protection against drunk guests who might stumble into it. Fortunately I like to learn!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've heard of him but, no, this is not his work.

      Delete
    2. Fwiw, chihuly does a thing with Cheekwood Gardens on the regular. Maybe when you plan your Nashville trip. ;)

      Delete
  2. Did you buy this piece? It's amazing! I love how the edges both look like flames, but also like a cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things i miss most about both the prepandemic world and my not-working Saturdays was the first saturday Art Crawl

    Galleries high and low end were all open that night and as a nerdy college kid I could enjoy it all. I actually got a piece of art gifted to me by a guy who's exhibit I visited 3 months in a row. (Sadly it was lost in a move)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing piece this is, Ally. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, there's a lot to learn when it comes to collecting art. Maybe you can talk with some art collectors who are willing to share their thoughts and what they learned. There are probably blogs, articles and forums for art collectors. Some artists sell exclusively to art collectors. Their point of view could also be useful. I watched quite a few useful and interesting videos on the subject (from the perspective of artists).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a head-turningly specular piece. I adore that art collecting speaks to your soul, Ally, and hope that you find numerous fantastic pieces that inspire you equally in terms of their beauty and their value.

    Autumn Zenith �� Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete