Casablanca." While the film is a classic in the art of the cinema, it's over 70 years old. Nobody today remembers back that far. Nobody "got" my costume-reference, even when I explained it to them.
In my defense, I did look smashingly handsome in a white dinner jacket at Ashley's party.
The failure is propelling me, while contemplating Halloween costumes this year, to be more modern. To pull from today's news and celebrities. Here's what I came up with. Let me know which of these you like...
- Instead of being Frankenstein's bride, I could be Frankenstein's gay husband at their now-legal wedding
- Our next First Lady: i.e., Donald Trump's third wife Melania Knauss-Trump
- Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis (wearing her cloak of intolerance)
- Kaley Cuoco (sadly single again)
- Teenage Suzanne twirling her baton
- Bernie Sanders's incompetent hairdresser
- Badass sea witch (a/k/a Megan Mae)
- Amy Schumer's BFF (JLaw)
- Kim Kardashian's accountant
- Beyoncé's second daughter, Beige Ivy
- Sheila's shoe collection
- Larry King's eighth (and hopefully final) wife, Shawn Southwick
- The cover of Redbook (September issue) (Christine)
- Lena Dunham's ghost-writer
- The Ghost of Jon Snow
- Kezzie in a Tardis