Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Walking The Dog



This is Boogie.  He is a rambunctious Wheaton Terrier mix. 

This afternoon, Boogie and his owner, Molly Pfeiffer, were walking in New York City near Pier 54 in the Chelsea area.  The walkway they were on is at the edge of the Hudson River.  Today, the water in the river was very cold (40 degrees).

I mentioned Boogie was rambunctious, didn't I?  Well, he also can't swim.  So, when Boogie fell off the walkway and into the cold water, his owner Molly freaked out.  She knew Boogie would drown if she didn't do something.  So, what do you think Molly did?

Yup.  Molly leapt into the water, swam to Boogie and pulled him out of the water.  The two of them were shivering and scared.  Molly went back to her purse and called 911 on her cell.  The NYPD Harbor Unit got there quickly and helped both owner and dog.  Molly was taken to the hospital as a precaution against hyperthermia.

Both Boogie and Molly are now fine.  They had a real New York adventure.

18 comments:

  1. Aw, cute photo! And great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally was not expecting that story in my comeback here at your blog! But I certainly enjoyed reading it!

    =)

    Sorry, I've been MIA.. sadly, I was extremely busy, not always a good thing, is it?

    I saw your comments at Emma's blog, Ralph dear, thank you for your very kind words.

    I am touched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I would totally do that too for my cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! This is a Great story and a Super Cute pic : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely doggie and a courageous lady!! Your friends are also cool! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!!..it must be scary and too cold as well!! Poor Molly!...i think Boogie is also funny for not knowing how to swim!=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww such a cute story(and dog). Glad that they are both fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Glad they are both OK! I would jump in for my dogs also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I'm happy to hear they're alright. I definitely would have done the same thing for my pup :)

    http://artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to ask if you guys would do the same thing, but I guess I didn't have to: the question is implied and most of you are answering it. I would certainly dive in. I mean, how could you stand by and not??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a sweet story and a cute dog :)
    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. i can't belive you know Doe i love her blog and her makeup range. She's a cool chick :)Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BRRR what we do for our pets!! LOVE IT!!

    thanks for your comment on my blog today.. yes masculine/feminine.. I grew up with all brothers so had to be able to hold my own.. and am independant and can be strong willed (is good right??) so have also heard from other photographers that I have a strong photographic presence.. interesting.. and I took those black and whites myself.. just set the timer and run with the 10 sec delay and hope they turn out.. is fun playing with them.. .I WISH I had a personal photographer!!

    have a super day hot stuff xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you know these two? Interesting story. I take it Boogie's leash went down with him?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great story, and the dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't really like dogs (not helped by working as a postwoman way back in my youth) so I wouldn't have been walking the dog in the first place. Can you see me side stepping the question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww poor Boogie!!! I would dive into white water rapids to save my kitties! Pet love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. holy shit. so glad they are both ok. xo tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite a story
    Thanks for sharing
    Such a cute doggie
    Brett

    ReplyDelete