Thursday, March 29, 2018
April Fool's Jokes
Every year I design a new April Fool's joke. They're fun when the idea is clever, not cruel. Many admire my past efforts which you're invited to use for inspiration. Like this one (2017), this one (2016), this one (2015) and this one (2013).
Here are some other ideas:
1. Remove all your partner's clothes from two dresser-drawers and put them back in the wrong drawer. When he goes looking for his underwear, he'll find sweaters.
2. Replace a prominent framed photo with another image that your partner finds funny. This year I'm switching a picture of us with a photo of Pee-Wee Herman.
3. Hide an alarm clock and set it for a good time. Your partner will hear the noise, wander around the house and say, "What the hell is that?"
4. Tape a plastic bug on the inside of a lamp. (See picture.)
5. If you've done pranks in the past and your partner is expecting one (my situation), tape an innocent sign on your refrigerator door: "Happy April First!" Your partner will spend hours trying to figure out which food you switched/contaminated. Of course, you didn't touch any of them, which makes it a really easy prank.
Are you going to do a joke this year?