Thursday, March 29, 2018
April Fool's Jokes
Every year I design a new April Fool's joke. They're fun when the idea is clever, not cruel. Many admire my past efforts which you're invited to use for inspiration. Like this one (2017), this one (2016), this one (2015) and this one (2013).
Here are some other ideas:
1. Remove all your partner's clothes from two dresser-drawers and put them back in the wrong drawer. When he goes looking for his underwear, he'll find sweaters.
2. Replace a prominent framed photo with another image that your partner finds funny. This year I'm switching a picture of us with a photo of Pee-Wee Herman.
3. Hide an alarm clock and set it for a good time. Your partner will hear the noise, wander around the house and say, "What the hell is that?"
4. Tape a plastic bug on the inside of a lamp. (See picture.)
5. If you've done pranks in the past and your partner is expecting one (my situation), tape an innocent sign on your refrigerator door: "Happy April First!" Your partner will spend hours trying to figure out which food you switched/contaminated. Of course, you didn't touch any of them, which makes it a really easy prank.
Are you going to do a joke this year?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
No jokes for me, unless I play them on myself.ReplyDelete
I like the bug one!
I always forget about April Fool's! I love the bug idea, or the fridge non-swap, hee hee.ReplyDelete
I think April Fool's will be easier to pull off this year because it's also on Easter- love the bug + lamp idea! Too freaky but so funny!ReplyDelete
Le Stylo Rouge
I am not much of a prankster so none for me!!!ReplyDelete
Clever not cruel is the key! I think you can do it in a tasteful way that is humorous. That said, it's not one of my favorite days, that's for sure!ReplyDelete
I don't usually pull off any pranks, but the bug is just too funny! xxxReplyDelete
OH I want to do the photo one on my mom! My husband would never notice a thing like that for years...but my mom would notice it a bit sooner. Maybe I could swap it out on Easter dinner. Wouldn't that be hilarious?!!ReplyDelete
Yes! Do it and let us know how it turns out.Delete
I think I'm going to pass on the April Fool's jokes this year because it's Easter. I wonder how many parents will fool their kids with weird stuff in their eggs?!?ReplyDelete
My son did the bug one for us thr other day. But he didn't draw it realistically enough and it looked somewhere between a beetle and a spider. So we weren't fooled for long. My son ended up at emergency yesterday with a spider bite, fortunately not too bad, so maybe we'll skip this trick this year!ReplyDelete
Xo Jazzy Jack
You love April fool so much it makes me wanna do a prank as well. The last one looks easy enough to make esp with me leaving early in morningReplyDelete
Haha, you are so good !ReplyDelete
I totally forgot about April Fools...