Friday, September 26, 2014

Meeting Sarah

The world is full of interesting people; you just need to look for them. 

Sarah is a blogger who lives in New Orleans.  I started following her blog (called "Destrehan's Daughter") about two years ago.  She's in her thirties and works as a video producer.

Due to Sarah's location, I never thought I'd ever get to meet her in person.  But I just did!  She and her husband are in New York to visit the city.  They're seeing all the sights, one of which is officially listed in the NYC Tourist Handbook as "My Dinner With Ally."

We went to Sarabeth's and had a lovely meal.  You really get to know people better and more quickly in person.  During our discussion, Sarah addressed a broader range of interests than I've seen her discuss online.  Our conversation hopped from one fun subject to another.  Her husband, Jeremy, is equally charming and wore a snazzy bowtie.

The world seems to get smaller and smaller.

19 comments:

  1. What a great time it sounds like you had with Sarah! I agree, it is great when you meet in person. I recently met a reader a several weeks ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many blogger catch up's, I get a little jealous. The gloves have arrived and as long as it stops raining I will take some snaps on the weekend, thanks so much for your adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a meetup down-under, I tried to sneak into the box with the gloves but customs found me and sent me home...

      Delete
  3. How awesome! Meeting blog friends in person is such fun. We are getting very excited for our meetup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. In addition to getting to know people better, meeting in person makes them seem "real". Sometimes online "friends" seem like illusions we've created to keep ourselves company. Hugging them reminds us of their independent reality.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you had the chance to meet another blog friend in person! I am really excited for our visit next month! I realized this morning I hadn't responded to your latest email yet, but I will later today! I am so glad you are coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so happy you two met! I am hoping to get to meet her when she comes out here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this your 6th or 7th meet up ?
    How amazing you got to meet another friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many meet ups, it is cool!! So glad you had a chance to meet Sarah! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think your meet ups sound so lovely and fun. You are a popular destination! LOL Whenever you get to Vancouver Island don't forget to drop in! I imagine the chances of you getting here are somewhat higher than of my getting there, but who knows! Happy Weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're really going to have to change your blog name to Socialite Biker! Your tally on meeting awesome blogger friends is steadily rising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You lucky lucky person. I can't wait for the day that we have our meet up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another meet up! you really are in a prime location for meet ups!! Definitely in person meetings are way more bonding than internet. Not that you can't know someone online, but what a connection meeting someone you already click with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had so much fun when we met up too. I spent the weekend bragging to my family before the wedding about the delicious meal and amazing time we had with our friends at Sarabeth's. Remember if you head South, you have to call me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hurray for another fantastic meetup!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogger meet-ups are so much fun!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete