Monday, July 25, 2011

Blogger Meetup


Yesterday, I made an eight-hour roundtrip ride to Atlantic City to visit another blogger for the first time.  It was well worth the effort, even though I got caught in a torrential rainstorm on the way home.

It's massive fun to meet other bloggers.  This one, whom I'm not going to identify publicly to protect her privacy, used to have a fashion-blog that I followed for a year.  Now she has a private blog on more personal subjects.

We had a great time together.  She's exactly who I thought she was and we shared details of our lives.  I like her a lot and hope we become friends.

After a nice brunch, we shopped a little -- I love those tutus in Betsey Johnson's store! -- and walked on the Boardwalk.  It was almost 100-degrees, so walking outside was a challenge.  The best part was we never stopped talking.  We enjoyed each other's company in a natural way.

If you're reading this, there's a risk that someday a tall guy on a blue motorcycle might show up at your door!

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome for the two of you! Also, the thought of tutus! I want one! Um... you issue warnings ahead of time if you're going to meet up with someone, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic. I know personally how wonderful meeting you in person is. So, I'm happy for her.

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you are ever in the UK I am sure there is a whole bunch of use ready to welcome you! I am so glad you both had a wonderful time, each time I have met fellow bloggers I have been taken aback by the sheer kind heartedness of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, good to read you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! That sound so awesome :) Blogger meet-ups are fun, you always have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger meet ups are awesome soo glad u had fun :) and betsey johnson is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun meet-up. I so would love to meet up with other bloggers. Next time I go back to Turkey I definitely want to plan on meeting some of the ones from there.
    I adore betsey johnson dresses and tutus. If I could wear a tutu everyday I so would. Sometimes I am jealous of my little girl's clothes.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blog meetings are so great!I'm glad you've made a new friend! And please... show up at my door anytime! Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds awesome. Bloggers have so much to talk about ... old and new! :)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a blogger meet-up so.damn.bad. I had an opportunity for one a couple of months ago, but I had too much school work at the time. Sad day. :( I am still holding out hope, though!! Nobody ever comes to this area, though. Because it's totally lame. Duh.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be awesome if you came to Ottawa. We could go for a ride and shop!

    ReplyDelete