Wednesday, April 5, 2017

New York City

It is impossible to visit New York City and not see interesting people and things. They come at you all day long.

I had to ride my touring motorcycle into Manhattan today to get new tires and annual service. While there, I bounced around Midtown. I ate brunch at an outdoor cafe overlooking Central Park (the famous Sarabeths) where I spotted a middle-aged woman walk down fashionable 59th Street in seamed stockings. Seams! How cool.

I walked near the Central Park Zoo and saw the famed Waldorf Astoria which always impresses with its grandeur. The most amusing sight was a young female dog-walker barreling down 7th Avenue holding the leashes of ten pooches of every type. The dogs were jubilant in their canine pack.

Here are some pics from my day.



























12 comments:

  1. I've never been to New York City! The idea of it kind of stresses me out - that many people everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be overwhelming, so go with a native to guide you around.

      Delete
  2. I love NYC and have not been there in too long... in my next life I want to be a New Yorker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tap tap... is this thing on?

    Okay, my internet is SERIOUSLY misbehaving today. Whomp!

    awwww *** Big Bird ****

    Your pictures are amazing as always. You really have such a wonderful eye, my friend, and you beautifully capture the essence and the heart of the city. I'll be there on Monday for the first night of Passover with the family. Excited to see them all again and make my way to my aunt's apartment :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually wanna visit New York and probably live in New York because I have ballet dreams! hehe. But, I'm from the other side of the world. :\

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want it, it can happen. Just never give up your dream!

      Delete
  5. Oh, fabulous photos! Picturing the dog walker made me smile too. :) I miss New York City. There really isn't any other city quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna go back to NY so badly...and of course meeting you is in my plans :) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great day lolling around NY, love the pix. Last Wednesday I walked along/down 5th avenue from Penn to the Flat Iron to 18th that is a great walk and a fun area of the city.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this!! I love the fact you saw goats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my next life I would love to visit New York ... Thanks for sharing the photos of your day!

    ReplyDelete