Sunday, October 26, 2014

Going Out With A Bang

I can't remember the last time I met anyone as charming as the Two Birds, Megan & Nora.  They are so nice I want to become their fourth sister.  (They already have three.)

We ate dinner together tonight and the conversation never stopped.  They said such interesting things.  Megan & Nora have smart perspectives and express them in entertaining ways.  They're the kind of people you really want as friends.  (My fingers are crossed!)

They informed me that beneath its polite exterior, "Minnesota nice" behavior sometimes masks passive aggression.  Wikipedia said the same thing but I didn't believe it until Megan & Nora explained it to me.

I promised Nora I wouldn't mention how bad she is with chopsticks.  So I won't say it.  If you learn that, you didn't hear it from me.  :-)

Oh, and did I mention they gave me a scarf?  A very pretty one.  You'll see it soon.

I'm trying to lure these exotic birds to New York with offers of motorcycle rides, theater tickets and fancy birdseed.  I hope the invitation works.  The rest of you are equally invited to visit The Capitol Of The World and hang out with me.  One never has too many friends.

15 comments:

  1. Awwww, so envious you got to meet them!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I'm so glad you called Nora out. Perhaps I will put some cheater chop sticks in her stocking this year! It was such a great night, and we definitely count you as a friend...although oddly, we did before we even met you! We will definitely be making a trip your way...both the motorcycle ride and another night of good conversation sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a great evening! I hadn't heard that about folks from Minnesota before. How interesting that it's such a wide spread behavior characteristic as to have a term coined for it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip you've had! But photos! We need photos...for all I know you're making everything up. LOL

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Suzanne. It's all a big ruse. By the way, what's your credit card number?! :-)

      Delete
    2. Well...so long as you are the wonderful very wealthy prince that is having problems transferring between you many accounts that keeps contacting me I will gladly hand over my cc. ; )

      Delete
  5. I told you you'd love the Birds! Glad you had another great meetup - and a great trip overall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a pure envy! they are so nice in the blog, I never thought they might be otherwise in real. Happy for you having a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds like so much fun!!! I just love meeting other bloggers!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had a great few days, good to read that you've enjoyed meeting up with such fine company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Suzanne ... I couldn't wait to see some photos of your meet-up!!!! When you come to South Africa to visit with Wendy and me we are going to take a thousand photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I am glad that you had so much fun! I feel like I know all of you so well, it is really so amazing to read this post and know that you guys all finally got to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Friends are the family we pick ;) glad to see the family is expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to find a way to take you up on that invitation.

    ReplyDelete