Friday, March 18, 2022

Resemblance

Has anyone ever told you that you resemble a well-known person/celebrity? If so, how'd you feel about the comparison?

It's happened to me twice; the second time today. I shuddered deeply both times. Because of that reaction I don't tell others about their resemblance to a celebrity even when it seems strong. I don't want them feeling bad like I did.

The first time was thirty years ago. I was helping my girlfriend move to Baltimore and a young Black teenager was assisting us. (We hired him through his church.) He said, "You look exactly like that white guy. You know, that white guy in the Eddie Murphy movie." He was referring to Dan Aykroyd and "Trading Places."  **shudder**

The second time was this morning. A bank teller said, "You must get this all the time. You look exactly like Bill Clinton."   **AARRGGHH**

How 'bout you?

13 comments:

  1. NOOO! What? She's crazy!

    I've always loved Dan Aykroyd. That guy is smooth and funny. Plus he can sing pretty good too but you don't look like him.

    I've been told I look like Juliette Lewis and Laura Linney. I really don't see Juliette Lewis but when I'm blond I might, if I really squint, look a bit like Lara Linney.

    Anyhow, I'm sure you didn't get this one...I've been asked when I'm due. And not for my driver's renewal, like when my baby was due. Needless to say I don't have kids. This happened more than once. HUGE faux pas. I've also been called the "short, fat one" by an elderly lady I'd helped the day before. When I told her is was me that had helped her she didn't believe me.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can look at my profile picture and be as confused as I was when I was told that I looked just like Connie Chung. Sorry, Nope, wrong Connie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told I look like Carol Burnett (back when I had short red hair), and also Michelle Williams, which I can see a little bit around the eyes. I don't look like very many people, though.

    Bill Clinton could be a fun Hallowe'en costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back when I was both skinny and dying my hair black, I got stopped with "Christina Ricci" more than 3 separate times.

    On the one hand, I wish I looked like her. On the other, ehhh, I'd certainly rather get that than being told I look like so and so's wife who is 20 years my senior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently, I did look a bit like the lead singer of a one hit wonder band back in the late 70s. I could even see the resemblance myself, but a couple of kids always shouted the band's name at me whenever I walked past, which I found utterly annoying! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can't say you look like either of the people you were compared to. I once got Anne Hathaway and I was just so puzzled...we look nothing alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't really think of any celebrity I've ever been compared to! At all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Multiple people have called my husband and me - Jim and Pam from the office lol Other than that, no.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete