Monday, October 7, 2013

Come To A Halloween Party!

 
Last year, I hosted a virtual Halloween Party and 18 of you sent in pictures.  That made for a wonderful time.  Many of you wore terrific costumes of your own creation.  That's why I love the holiday -- it opens the door to playful experimentation.

This year, we're having another party and you're invited!  Send in a picture anytime by link or e-mail (fhu@pipeline.com).  I'll post the ones I receive on October 31st.  I'll also add any stragglers that come in after that date.

Of course, every picture will be accompanied by a link back to your blog.  This is a nice way to attract new visitors to your site, many of whom may start following you.  Connecting bloggers is my favorite goal: it builds a community of friends.

Here's your chance to show off your creativity!  Start thinking....

8 comments:

  1. That is such a fun idea. :) Although I have a feeling that no matter what costume I choose this year, I'm not going to look half as adorable as these precious little girls in the photos. Lol. I haven't even thought about what I want to be this year. Which is alarming since it's already October. And I know time will fly by quickly. I'm going to blink and tomorrow will be Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dressing up, I used to go to a lot of fancy dress parties, up to four a year at one point, as an old friend was obsessed with them! I shall have to have a think and see if I can come up with a costume so I can join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any excuse to dress up is alright by me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh! Exciting. I love seeing people's costumes! And I might actually have pictures of mine before Halloween this year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea, dear Ally! I'll likely be a straggler, as I don't plan on sporting this year's costume until the afternoon and evening of the 31st itself. Just as to what my disguise is this year, well, that's a surprise, but I'll give you a hint and say that it's someone I've been keen to go as for as far back as I can remember.

    Happy Halloween countdown!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am totally in again, Ally! I have a good costume idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween isn't the biggest deal in the UK, trick or treating is lukewarm and only younger kids do it. We tend to prefer more Pagan stuff as it is where the history of Halloween comes in. I normally sit at home and watch Hocus Pocus with snacks. I did manage to get to some Halloween parties though, once at University where I dressed up as Pippi Longstocking, feral child and last year it was Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. I have dressed up as Elphaba for Purim though, a Jewish dress up festival in Spring but on the whole, I like the idea of the festival but I rarely take part in it

    ReplyDelete