Monday, October 15, 2012

A Halloween Party For Everyone

I love Halloween because it's a holiday with no rules.  We can do what we want.  What I like is to create a costume, go out in public and see what others have come up with.  Halloween is a party where everyone is an artist.  The atmosphere is always collaborative and spirited.

I've told you about the costumes I'm designing this year (I'm making them from scratch) and, certainly, will show you pictures.  One of my readers (Cassy) who doesn't have a blog just made a suggestion I like -- for us to hold a virtual Halloween party here where everyone can show off their costumes.  This will give everyone a chance to display their ingenuity.  Plus, if you have a blog, we'll link to it and you'll get new viewers. 

The rules are simple.  Everyone is invited.  I'll put the post up on Halloween so just send me a picture before that day.  You can e-mail a photo (fhu@pipeline.com) or leave a comment with a link to a photo.  If you have a blog, I'll link to it next to your picture.

Join the party!

P.S., For those of you whose pictures won't be ready until after Halloween, no problem -- send them to me whenever they're available and I'll add them to the post upon receipt.


19 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great idea! I am actually going to a Halloween party this weekend, so I should be able to send you a pic sometime next week :) I can't wait to see what you & Robin come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darn it, I wasn't necessarily going to dress up for Halloween this year, but maybe I'll do it for the virtual party, because it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! This sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, I'm still deciding on my costume.
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking of putting something together to scare the hell out of my little neighbors who will come by for trick and treating... the only thing is i will probably send the pictures the next day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. I'll add them onto the post whenever I receive them.

      Delete
  6. Oh this sounds fun, I know I will be helping to make a few costumes, but not sure if we are going out this time, but I am certainly looking forward to our dinner party. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just dug out enough stuff to pull together a costume-ish look for your virtual party. I'll have to get the look together for you and send pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will :D Even if I will not join any party and dress up, I will invent something for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be able to send you my pictures after work on Hallowe'en. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, Ally! Thanks for the invite. I'm not a dresser-upper, but this is a special occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will only have a store-bought costume this year, but I'll do what I can and send pics on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea! I'll send some pictures after halloween!
    x
    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Idea!!! I´ll try to do my best..at least I just bought my little pumpkin...so maybe I will do some snapshot make up myself as something scary...including pics with the pumpkin, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! I just found out about the party via Amber's blog. I'll be there. Is the party Oct. 31st?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. Happy to hear you'll be joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For the first time in years, I think I'm excited about Halloween, thanks to you. I'm sure I'll be late to the party (what else is new?!!) but I'll be there with bells on, or maybe spikes, who knows!

    ReplyDelete