Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tag, I'm It!

I recently started following a new blog by a lovely woman named Daniela.  She lives in Boston and grew up in exotic Brazil.  Her blog has interesting and varied content.

Daniela just tagged me in a blogger-game where I am to answer eleven questions she devised.  They're good questions so I'm eager to dive in.  Thanks, Daniela!

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I love cities for their energy; I love countrysides for their natural beauty and animals.  My ideal choice would be a pied-a-terre in the city and a small house in the country; that way I could enjoy both environments.

Specific cities I love are Boston, New York and San Francisco.  Rural areas I like are Maine, Vermont, Michigan (UP) and Canada.

2. Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?

I love vanilla in everything and put vanilla soy milk in my tea every day.

3. What's one word that describes your style?

Eclectic!  I'm all over the place because I only recently started playing with fashion.  I'm like a tween experimenting with different styles to see what suits her.  While I have developed preferences, I really haven't adopted a particular style yet.

4. Is there anything about yourself you would change?

Hmm... can you guess?!  But seriously, my life is grand right now so I'm focusing on that and not what I lack.

5. What's one thing about yourself that you love?

My willpower.  I have infinite drive and endurance.  I never, ever give up, despite whatever obstacles I face (and there have been many).

6. What are you most afraid of?

Wasting my life -- specifically, being trapped in a male life.  If I was unable to explore life as a woman (at least in my mind), I wouldn't feel there was any point in staying alive. 

In the past half-century, I've exhausted all possibilities available to men.  Now I'm pursuing experiences from a female perspective.  Such experiences reward me, teach me and just feel "right."

7. What's your greatest childhood memory?

Being alone in the bathroom when I was very young (maybe four), wrapping a bath-towel around my waist, and pretending it was a skirt.  The act turned my innermost feelings into reality, which confirmed to me that I am who I am.

8. Why do you blog, anyway?

Great question, because it's different for everyone.  For me, it's the twin opportunities to express myself in a female way and to make new friends.

9. If you won the lottery today, what are 3 things you would do?

Dangerous question!  I'd host more parties, take my friends on long trips, and buy prezzies for everyone!

10. What's the last song you heard?

"Jackson," by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.

11. If you were picked to be a character in a cartoon, what cartoon would it be?

Betty Boop!

15 comments:

  1. Boop boop bee doop! Good answers. :) I'm glad you have your blog to express your female self. Your posts are always thought-provoking and push me to think in a new way. You're definitely not wasting your life--you matter to me!

    Vanilla soy milk is so yummy. I could drink gallons of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sincere and sweet. I love your answers.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I LOVE Betty Boop too :)

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tag posts they are fun! Pink dress is cute. Vanilla soy is delicious, I love rice milk and specially vanilla almond milk...it's addicting! Makes cereal and everything taste even better.

    -Jaz
    http://summerlilacs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Q&A ! I Love your pink tutu dress. Just Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on number one. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that someday. I'm a country girl at heart, but I do love the city as well. Plus, I don't want to rot out here my whole life.

    "Jackson" is a great song. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your answers, but my favorite is that if you won the lottery all three things would ultimately be for other people. You're such a giving caring person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all your answers. It's always fab for me to learn more about you. And guess what? I have a Betty Boop tattoo on my hip!

    Thank you again so much for my bday flowers. I'm writing about them now and will be posting it before nights end.

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved learning more about you! and that DRESS! i just swooned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you want to be Betty Boop! I can totally tell that you have strong willpower, and I think that is one of the things I love most about you. I really admire your strength.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Betty Boop also ~ I'd also want to be her and have that stunning body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answers and you would be Betty Boop for sure! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. surely your life is not being wasted..You're a sweet, sensitive, and was a great pleasure to have known him...His words demonstrate your character...and an education in their writing....his words are contagious and makes people like you
    hugs rose jp

    ReplyDelete