Monday, October 30, 2023

Halloween (#5)

Halloween Costume #5: Creating the last costume displayed in this series, a mermaid, I went all out. I employed props and designed lighting for an oceanic photoshoot. The prospect of becoming a mermaid filled me with bouyant enthusiasm. Believing there are no creative limits on Halloween projects, I dove into this one. Afterward I went for a long swim among my fellow sea-creatures.


Detecting a thread in these costumes? Half-fish. Half-deer. Half-romantic. You might suspect I'm only half-normal. I wouldn't dispute that. The other half, my friends, is a mystery. :)

15 comments:

  1. From Beth in Maryland: Not the last one! Say it isn't so! I was so enjoying the costume of the day and now it's over! I saw The Little Mermaid in dinner theatre with my great niece ages ago and you make me think of that. How did you ambulate? Unless you only went to pool parties that year. The actors in dinner theatre hid their legs behind streamers meant to mimic waves. All my best wishes, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You made me laugh, Beth. Thank you. The truth is, as shown in the movie "Splash," mermaids grow legs when on land. :)

      Delete
  2. That is my absolute favourite of your Halloween costumes, Ally! You look absolutely stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this has been one of my favorite costumes you've done. It shows your fun vibrant side and I love the twinkle in your eye and sass in your smile. You can see how much fun these photos were for you.

    Plus I'm biased for also getting to try the mermaid tail myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was remembering how my best friends -- including you -- were willing to play with the tail. That made me happy. My goal is to spread joy.

      Delete
  4. This is such a stunning photo of you, Ally. I do believe you are 100% mermaid at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often go back and click on your link in the side bar to this post as I think it is so pretty! That shimmering turquoise is my absolute favourite colour and you look almost ethereal in these pictures- there's a quality...
    Kezzie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kezzie. This is among my finest work.

      Delete
  6. Halloween is my favorite celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all your costumes, but you KNOW this one is my favorite! Just fantastic! You are a magnificent mermaid!

    ReplyDelete