Sunday, August 6, 2023

Humphrey Bogart

Humphrey Bogart was one of the finest actors in cinematic history. He made dozeof films in varied genres. My favorite four are listed below. 

Unlike Bogart's famous gangster movies, the first three are romances and the fourth is a comedy. An unexpected comedy.

1. "Casablanca" (with Ingrid Bergman)

2. "The African Queen" (with Katherine Hepburn)

3. "To Have and Have Not" (with Lauren Bacall)

4. "We're No Angels" (Bogart leads a trio of escaped convicts)

Have you seen any of these? What's your favorite Bogart movie?


No, that's not Humphrey; it's me as his most famous character on Halloween (Rick).

5 comments:

  1. I love him in "Sabrina" with Audrey Hepburn. I've seen all of those movies, though! Your Rick Hallowe'en costume was so awesome, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen ANY of these! I really should! There are so many classic movies I haven't seen!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezzie Kezzie Kezzie! "Casablanca" is probably the greatest movie ever made; it's certainly the most lauded and well-known. You HAVE to see it. Please. It's about romance, war and passion. I can quote dozens of lines from it and you'd recognize many of them even without having seen the movie. "Here's lookin' at you, kid."

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love this photo! So suave. My dad's favorite movie (well, tied with The Godfather) was Casablanca. And I finally did watch it at his urging (well before he got ill) and it is truly a great film. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete