Saturday, April 1, 2023

April Fool's Day Joke

Another April Fool's Day, another successful April Fool's joke.

Most of my past April Fool's jokes have been visual pranks -- a squirrel invading our home through an open window (plush animal), a scary man in a trench-coat and hat peering through a backyard window (mannequin), a four-foot tall pirate ship in the bathtub (inflated balloon). 

This year I thought it'd be fun to try something different -- an auditory prank. One using sound. You have to keep your target off-balance. Since Robin expects a joke today and is on high-alert looking for one, I can't repeat myself.

So I found a YouTube video of a cat meowing loudly. I snuck into the basement and put my computer under the stairs. Then pressed "play" and went upstairs to watch television.

Ten minutes later Robin walks into the room, stops and says 

"Do you hear something?"

"I don't hear anything."

"Really? Listen! I hear a cat. Don't you hear that?"

"Nope."

Robin checks the windows. Opens the front and back door. Then she narrows her search at the basement door.

"Ralph! There's an ANIMAL in the basement!!"

"Let's go down and take a look.'

I descend the stairs while Robin follows me. She tentatively comes halfway down.

"Don't worry" I say, "it's probably just an April Fool's joke."

Robin face turned from scared to agitated in an instant. Then the cursing started...

10 comments: