Saturday, September 17, 2022

Contemplation

During the dance, "Arthur keeps watching his feet, but his mind's on Odile's mouth and her romantic kisses. Odile is wondering if the boys notice her breasts moving under her sweater. Franz thinks of everything and nothing. He wonders if the world is becoming a dream or if the dream is becoming the world." (Band of Outsiders [1964]; discussed here). 

The dialogue reminds me of two photographs I took recently in my hometown (Huntington, NY). The first is of a sculpture on top of a building and the second is a new mural painted on the side of a building.





4 comments:

  1. How does the dialogue relate to the pictures? I'd like to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surrealists urged us to open our minds and see connections beyond rational thought. That's what I'm doing!

      Delete