Wednesday, August 17, 2022

New Camera

Lately I've been shooting pictures with old, crappy cameras. It's fun to push these machines to their limit.

I wondered what would happen if I used a good camera. A new one, not used; modern, not vintage. It's a challenge of a different sort.

So I just bought a fancy new camera. I'm not disclosing its brand or price; just know that it has a Leica lens. Leica, a German company founded in 1869 -- that's 18-69 -- makes the best glass lenses in the world. Everyone agrees on that. The lenses in my crap cameras are cheap plastic.

I took my new baby out today for a stroll. Casual shots, nothing fancy. No tripod, no preparation; just want to see what she's capable of.

Wow! Sharp images. Rich colors. I'm pleased with the initial results.












14 comments:

  1. It's a tool - you are the wielder. It's nothing without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm actually on the lookout for a new camera too. Nothing too fancy, lightweight and with a stellar lens, obviously! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing with Sheila - just got finished reading an article about Posh Spice and Beckham's son who - despite lots and lots of money and nepotism hook ups just dropped out of photography because he was amateur.

    Great tools show a great artist abd you have really amazing talent for capturing the world no matter cheap vintage camera or fancier new one. I, of course, adore the shot of the bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I'm not very good but I try and enjoy the process. Do you know what my last name means in German? Bumble bee!

      Delete
  4. Stunning! I bought a new fancy camera when I used to the PNW a few years ago but I still mostly use my phone lol You've inspired me to take it out.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studies show that people take better pictures with cameras than phones. It's not the equipment, it's the seriousness we have when operating a camera.

      Delete
  5. Really beautiful captures, Ally! But I agree with Sheila, it's nothing without your eye. Years ago I bought an expensive digital camera and my photos did not improve at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT BEEE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have that printed onto a canvas and put it up- exquisite! The water one is stunning too!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. as others have said- YOU wielded the camera to get those amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to judge my skills; I just do my best.

      Delete