Monday, September 16, 2019

Louis Armstrong


I just made a deal of the decade.

Louis Armstrong was the greatest musician of the last century. I recently started exploring his stuff and am amazed. Louie is so talented and his songs appeal to us even today. I want to get deeper into his oeuvre and have been searching for his music on vinyl.

Yesterday I leafed through a dusty, disorganized record store and found a 4-record box set with dozens of Louie's best songs. And the collection includes wonderful photos and biographical literature. Upon examination I see the records are pristine: they look like they've never been played.

The price for this treasure? Five dollars. Or, as we say in New York, "fi-dollas."

Yahoo!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great find! Sometimes those stores don't know what they've got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I ran out of the store before the clerk changed his mind. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great find, Ally, I love Louis Armstrong! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deal of the decade. Great stroke of luck.
    He was a great musician and singer. Have you to his house in Corona Queens. it is not a museum and National Landmark.
    While his fame was as a 'trumpeter' his primary instrument was the cornet although his first brass instrument was a simple bugle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a score! Great piece of musical history you have right here. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete