Monday, September 7, 2015

I Love The Sixties

If you love clothes, the best friend you can have is a seamstress with a big heart. I have one -- and I appreciate her so much.

My friend Aimee is incredibly talented. She can make anything and even has little labels she puts inside her creations. I met Aimee a few years ago by following her sewing-blog. I ventured upstate on my motorcycle and had a wonderful time visiting her. Aimee is young, strong, smart and sweet. I can't think of anything good she isn't!

One of my most prized possessions is an apron Aimee made for me when I was gushing about pretty aprons. Wearing hers, I feel feminine and pretty. I put the apron on as often as I can, for that emotional rush.

I was thrilled to receive a package in the mail from Aimee recently. It turned out to be a dress she made from an authentic Sixties pattern. The fabric recalls that era vividly. I'm wearing it here with a big smile to reflect my happiness at donning a dress from my favorite period.

What period of fashion speaks to you?


 
 
 

 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks great on you. I really like the retro style eye make-up. Love to see garments come to life with the personalities of their wearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress on you. So very sixties right down to the opaque tights. My favorite era is the 1920's and of course it's younger sister the 1960's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute dress! I like the 60s too but also the 70s and 80s. Not at all the 90s ;)
    Thanks a lot for your last comment : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress on you, Ally! I love the 60s, 70s and 80s - but all eras can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 60s but am honestly drawn more to the 40-50s.
    Recently I have been watching some Spanish shows that relive that era and I just drool over the fit and tailoring then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 60s, the 70s but I think my era is the 50s :) but also, I like to change so much that I love the way fashion can make us travel in time. This dress is beautiful, you are lucky to have such a cool friend ! Pretty fabric ! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH!!! I'm so jealous! Wow I ADORE that fabric Aimee chose for this dress. What a pattern! The fact that it is made from a 1960's pattern is even more fabulous.

    I'm a sucker for 50's and 60's clothing.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aimee is brilliant! That print is gorgeous and shows off your svelte legs brilliantly!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute print and style. Love it with the tights.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How marvelous to have a talented seamstress as a friend - and one who gets your tastes to a tee as well. That is a rare, immensely special combination.

    I love that the sixties call to you so much! They were such a transformative, exciting, creative, soulful, bold, exciting decade and one that think suits you superbly.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That dress is fabulous...Aimee has mad skills! It looks truly vintage.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is fantabulous and you really shine in it. As always I am envious of your gorgeous legs and a talented friend! I think the seventies call to me often, and of course that is my childhood which I suspect most of us are nostalgic for. Not everything from the seventies but I like natural fibres, a boho vibe, and the flowy shapes typical of the seventies. I have fond memories of clothing I wore then and almost no fond memories of things I wore later in the eighties. It was too big and loud an era for me. I often like the nineties too and I pretty much missed out on that as I was a young mother with a small child and not paying attention to fashion at all. I would have been all over the flowery rayon dresses and Doc Martens if I'd known about them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it awesome when friends make you clothes?! You're glowing, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree...a seamstress is a great friend to have! i liked the 60s and can appreciate this fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete