Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friends

Over the course of the past half-century, I've learned a few important things about life.  One of them is the value of friendship.  Having good friends is an essential component of happiness.  Humans are social-animals and feeling that we're part of a community grounds us.

Friends make us happy.  They understand and support our individuality.  Their presence in our lives give us a vital feeling of connection.  A wise man once said "A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows you are slightly cracked."

By now, you're probably wondering why I'm pining about friendship.  It's because I'm basking in a glow of euphoria.  A friend -- someone who reads my blog and likes me -- had a thoughtful idea and went to the extreme trouble of spending hours to make me a present.  My friend has fierce sewing-talent and being the recipient of her effort humbles me.

My friend's name is Aimee and she has a crafting blog.  She uses the humorous nom de plume "graverobbergirl".  Aimee is super-bright with a degree in archaeology.  She lives in a cold part of upstate New York and has an attitude toward society that I admire.  Aimee is wildly skilled at sewing and her creations are very stylish.  She can make clothes, costumes and cool things like backpacks.

Without telling me, Aimee designed and made a project that suits me perfectly.  You can tell she's a real friend of mine 'cause she "gets" me.  She understands me in a way most people in my life don't.  I cherish that.  Friends like Aimee are rare.

What Aimee made me is an apron!  A frilly apron in my favorite colors and pattern.  Something I can wear while puttering around my kitchen, trying to figure out what to put in the dish cooking on the stove.  Something that makes me feel... natural.

If you know me, you'll instantly sense how perfect this apron is.  And how much I appreciate it.  Thank you, Aimee!

And go visit her blog.  You can never have too many friends.  :-)


 
 
 

 
 
 

35 comments:

  1. Aw! (am blushing). You are too sweet! Which is why you needed a sweet apron for having fun in the kitchen. I knew you'd be able to style it perfectly, which made it so much fun to make! (Love the tulle petti underneath and the pink lipstick, and cute flats... Wish I was so stylish in the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do a post about your apron (and link back here). Is it okay if I steal one of the photos of you rocking it? Love it on you!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift! A nice apron makes those domestic tasks more of a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her comic shirt is super cute, too. I'm assuming she also made that. I love how you matched your shoes (perfectly, I might add) to your apron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so awesome!! Aimee's the best. :D I love the apron on you. The full tulle underneath is so perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous apron from a gorgeous girl to another gorgeous girl. It gives me happy little chills. Pink and purple are your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go a little gaga for anything polka dot, but this apron truly takes, or should that be bakes, the cake! It's adorable, and you look adorable in it. With the messes I make in the kitchen, I'd save this for a hostessing apron! Now! Off to visit Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You are right! This is just PERFECTION. How nice is that? One-of-a-kind lovely. You are very lucky. I have to visit her now : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That apron is amazing, and your friend is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW CUTE!! (and the new wig is a keeper)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredibly generous gift! That apron is so perfectly you, Ally. Love your new hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wise person said, You get the friends you deserve. What a lovely apron, Ally! The tulle is an inspired touch. I wish I looked even half as stylish and girly at home as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very true...dear, life impacting friends like Aimee are akin to this apron: beautiful, captivating, important and always able to bring a smile your way.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too adorable. I love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a super social creature, but I do appreciate friends too. Agreed abut the egg thing! You got an awesome looking apron, very sweet of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely!!!! It goes with your shoes perfectly!!! Aimee sounds SUCH a kind soul! Glad you are enjoying your present.
    And how are you anyway, dear Ally? I hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The apron is just adorable! The wig..you must wear it often...it suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shy, I haven't been in the blogosphere in a while but I'm glad to see you're still as active as ever and looking phenomenal! I love the frilly apron, what a lovely thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous apron and I am really loving that longer hair on you.. makes you look younger for sure!!!

    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! I love that apron! You look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness!! That is so so so cute. Also I am really diggin' your hair!

    I have a witchy-style apron, and I love wearing it when I cook.

    And re: wigs - I have actually played with them in the past. Although I admit,my track record of keeping them in good shape isn't so hot. Downside of moving around as much in my younger years meant a lot of my dress-up goods went by the wayside,and I haven't indulged in picking up any new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooo cuuuteee!!!!!
    and this shoes you wearing with! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hugs to Aimee for making you such a cool gift! I always treasure handmade items. It's as if someone is giving you a little piece of their soul to keep forever. Love the hair and the shoes, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect gift. Perfect styling!!! Aimee sure is a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, my god, it has a tutu. That is the coolest! Aimee sounds pretty incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How awesome of her ! She did a fantastic job. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG! this apron is something! I wish I had had one! it's so you.I love the add of soft pink and a tutu. she seams very awesome, thanks for 'sharing' her

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yes, that's so you ... I love it! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Its soo pretty, it almost looks like a dress -
    I continue to admire your longer hair look - and you look like you're cooking for a great date night.

    ReplyDelete
  29. New to your blog. I really like the apron. You certainly have the legs for it--I'm quite envious. And those flats are to die for! Looking good!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete