Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Repeat Offender



Why would a woman marry a man who's been married eight times before? How could she possibly believe that -- this time -- he will act differently?

Larry King was a talk-show host on CNN for several decades. The network pushed him out the door in 2010. Addicted to the camera's red-light, King is still doing a talk-show, only now it's online and nobody is watching.

The New York Times did an interesting profile on King last Sunday. They mention that he's been married eight times. To seven women. (He married one woman twice.) Only one of his marriages (the current one) lasted more than ten years. And even that one almost blew up when he tried to cheat on her with her sister. She forgave him 'cause he had prostate cancer.

King's ex-wives, who could fill up a living room, all say the same thing about him -- he's selfish, immature, a liar and unfaithful. In his defense, King says that he relishes the pursuit of women but gets bored once he's captured his prey. The ex-wives admit King was charming during their courtship but later lost interest.

If this situation isn't damning enough, King has the poor judgment to joke about it. King is 81 years old and obsessing over death, so the interviewer asked what King believed his funeral would be like. This is what he said: "I would like the ceremony to begin, 'Today we are honoring a 160-year-old man who was caught in bed by an irate husband. And the funeral is late because it took six days to wipe the smile off his face."

So let me pose the question again -- Why would a woman marry a man who's been married eight times before? If you were dating and a guy had been married (and divorced) five or six times, wouldn't that give you pause?


15 comments:

  1. why? money, probably. i had no idea he was still doing a show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I have no idea why! It is shocking really!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there can be only two possible reason money/fame or something like that or a huge love which makes you think that for you he will change. but that's indeed odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very odd indeed. I suppose $$$ had something to do with it, or the belief that "I am the one who can make him settle down". But puzzling nonetheless, as I find him completely charmless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's definitely not a looker but maybe he's charming with the ladies, plus the $$$ doesn't hurt either. I think I remember reading he didn't/doesn't believe in just living together, so he married them all. I wouldn't wed him but I can't hate the guy, either. At least he doesn't stay in unhappy marriages like how many other adults across America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your opening line, the Herman's Hermits song is now irretrievably stuck in my head... "I'm Henery the Eighth I Am..." :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know he was married so many times. It would make me think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell yeah. The best indication of a persons' future is their past. The guy sounds like a total cad.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes 8 times?!! Just as bad as women who agree to have children with men who already have a small sports team worth of kids LOL

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 8 times?! Jesus. Is this woman in the will or getting some kind of generous allowance?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Women marry men in worse situations! (Prisoners, addicts, etc)

    But since moving into the legal field and seeing how much a divorce can run - YIKES.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame ... Poor girl must be some kinda crazy!!! His record speaks for itself! I certainly would not marry a man who has the reputation he has.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with a lot of your readers: money.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say ?
    On a different yet similar note, I knew a guy who had been married and then divorced. I knew him from work, for about 6 years. A friend of mine started dating him. She is very close, so I said to her that he was a waste of time, a liar, a person with bad feelings, that he was not good for her. She married him. Then when he suddenly kicked her out of the apartment she told me she should have listened. Love blurs the sight.

    ReplyDelete