Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gratitude

I don't know if I say this often enough, but I should -- thank you.

Thank you for reading my blog. Thank you for saying nice things to me. Thank you for supporting me in my difficult, unusual journey. Without you, I'd be lost in the woods, scared and lonely.

You may not realize how important your presence in my life. Do you remember being a little girl when, scared and alone, someone offered you their hand? That simple gesture can change one's whole outlook. The world turns into a nicer place; fear disappears and confidence is instilled. You guys do that for me.

Due largely to your support, I've grown more as a person in the last five years than I had in the previous forty. I'm reaping the benefits of that growth with greater and more frequent happiness. Being able to pursue fun activities, like dressing up as a mermaid, is profoundly joyful for me. You make that possible.

Years from now, when you look back on your life and tally up all the good things you did to change the world in a positive way, you should be proud of having helped someone who needed assistance at a critical moment. That's laudable and you deserve appreciation. You have mine.


16 comments:

  1. We should all say "thank you" more often. So - thank you for being you. I am proud and honored to call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lovely soul and have taught me so much about acceptance and selflessness. The thank yous go both ways lady!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helping someone, sometimes does more for you than it does for them. beautiful post. I absolutely enjoyed reading this. And I also loved the photo. You look amazing.

    Kia / KTS
    www.houseofkts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider myself so lucky to be a part of your life, Ally. You are beautiful, inside and out, and anyone who calls you a friend is blessed to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deeply beautiful post, Ally. You are so very welcome! Huge and sincerely heartfelt thanks for being a part of the blogging world. For each wise comment, every inspiring post, and all of the caring, friendly, wonderful ways in which you touch - and better - the lives of those who cross your path online.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your smile, Ally! So glad that you are growing and feeling happiness. I don't always comment, but I do always read your posts and love it when you share what's on your heart and mind. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Support always goes both ways and I have not known you for long but i love reading your blogs. You bring a smile to my face, Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an incredibly special human being Ally and I am so happy that I found you (through Wendy) and as the others have said ... the thank you comes back to you for sharing your life with us. I am honoured to call you "friend"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Keep going strong on your journey. You are a beautiful soul and deserve all the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You too have a kind heart and your comments brighten days. I'm glad you have this great set of friends.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the sweetest, most kind-hearted person I know. The day that we finally meet in person is going to be epic beyond all means. I am going to seriously bear-hug attack you when I see you, you have been warned! I adore this photo shoot, it is my favorite by far! I wish that you could come to the Michigan Renfaire with me, you would be a perfect mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is truly a pleasure to read your blog. I think your struggles have made you into an extraordinarily sensitive person. Further, you always have something interesting to say. It is a privilege to follow you, and a joy. That it may help you in some small way, is icing on the cake!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2015/09/malan-breton-a-fashion-visionary-with-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes it is wonderful how some aspects of society has changed and I love how an online community can give so much and lead to a community in real life too.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful picture - and I am very happy that you're getting so much support.
    I think you don't realise what a positive impact you have on people :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI, what a lovely and sincere blog post! Support is something we all need in order to grow. Hope you have a great week! Hugs! www.monalisas.no

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank YOU for being such a beautiful person and friend and for sharing this space with us. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete