Wednesday, June 21, 2023

"How Good It Feels"

 


I know what it's like to be loved

I know how well it feels

I know what it's like to have someone to love

To share the air they breathe

And I know what it's like when they leave


I know what it's like to be young

I know what it's like to be free

I know what it's like to be out in front

I know what it's like to climb trees

And drop like falling leaves


I know what it's like to be hurt

I know what it's like to bleed

I know what it's like to be misunderstood

And know the truth concealed

...


I know what it's like to be lost

Crying in the swirling crowd

I know what it's like when a hand comes...

And lifts me off the ground

I know what it's like to be found...


- Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam (2023)

  "How Good It Feels" (Excerpt)


   

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful lyrics! I can tell why these songs mean a lot to you at the moment.
    I meant to say this in your last post but was worried it might be misconstrued, but I'm so glad that his religion didn't stop him from writing and singing music as I encounter a lot of negativity and hostility towards music in my job from some people of his religion when many clearly love it. It's lovely to see the opposite. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went and read a lot about him so thank you for the inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a gentle, talented soul whose music has always appealed to me. I'm glad you're discovering and enjoying his work. Thanks for the nice comments.

      Delete
  3. Did you know that Cat Stevens is playing at the Glastonbury Festival this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that an attorney might know this - Do you know what alternatives might exist for lower income transgender people injectables that are safer? I was thinking of the New York City/New York area. Just a guess, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete