Sunday, July 30, 2017

"Spirit of Racing" Pen (Montblanc)


Uh-oh... it happened again. I'm in love.

There are some objects, like writing pens and motorcycles, that need to be seen in person. Until you hold one in your hand or between your legs, you have no idea if it appeals to you. Pictures don't convey the size, weight and proportions of the actual object. Many times I've ogled motorcycles in magazines but, encountering them at the annual Javits exhibition, discovered they leave me cold. And vice versa.

I went out riding today and dropped into Roosevelt Field Mall. Browsing the Montblanc boutique, I was struck by a new pen they have -- the "Spirit of Racing Doue." Its resin body is shaped like the tread of a racing tire and has the feel of a finely-tuned instrument. Unlike any other pen, this one has the Montblanc emblem suspended in the transparent cap which makes it appear to be floating in air. Very cool!

I can see carrying this pen around with me everywhere as part of my standard equipment. Hey, by the way, did I tell you my birthday's coming up soon?  :-)

16 comments:

  1. You're going to have quite the collection!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply MUST have three for it to become a True Collection... so there..., I've given you justification... winks... and my B-Day is coming up soon too so I intend to go on a spending spree, I'm very Good to myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you with pens! they are so beautiful! Montblanc has lots of pretties

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fabulous! And hey, if your birthday is coming up...that sounds like the perfect excuse to spoil yourself a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! My husband likes fancy pens but motels fountain pens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to like fountain pens but can't get comfortable with them. Rollerballs flow easily and use the same ink (which is different from ballpoint ink).

      Delete
  6. I've heard such amazing things about Mont Blanc pens! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used that brand pen in ages. Is it a rollerball pen? I have terrible penmanship, and a good pen would be helpful as well as easy on the eye. When is your birthday? I have one coming up too.
    Maybe you should treat yourself to a red pen ?
    Xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I prefer rollerballs. My birthday is in November.

      Delete
  8. What a cool pen! I admit to being a bit of a pen junkie. Surprisingly my current fav was bought 3/$1. It's somewhere between a gel pen and rollerball. It's fine and smooth.

    My uncle bought me a fancy pen when I graduated (probably in the 20-30$ range), but it was terribly heavy.

    I'm particularly fond of Japanese created pens and markers. I rarely old school write or draw anymore. I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful pen. My dad turned me on to Montblancs and would love something like this. I hope you treat yourself (OR someone treats you to it!). :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete