Saturday, July 8, 2017

An Honor To Be Included


Before my trip, I already knew that Suzanne and Patti are wonderful women. I've had many pleasant experiences with them, in New York and Vancouver, and count them as friends. During our joyful evening together last night, something deeper occurred to me. These wonderful friends accept me as a woman. In real ways.

Not only do they call me by my real name and notably use female pronouns but they include me in their female conversation and activities. We confide, we gossip, and we made plans to go thrift-store shopping today with high tea afterward. These gals are conscious of my struggles and compassionate toward them. For instance, they asked whether and how I can try on female clothing when shopping and if I'm comfortable taking pictures of our haul. Suzanne and Patti are naturally intuitive, entertainingly expressive and impressively communicative.

Wow. I can't describe how good this makes me feel. It's like I've been in the desert my whole life and now I see an oasis, hoping it's not an illusion. Being among these women is an honor. And I mean that seriously; it's not hyperbole.


14 comments:

  1. Amazing women, very true! All 3 of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all your posts, this one communicates your struggle best for me. I just want to reach through the screen and give you a hug!
    I feel the depth of years of pain behind your joy.
    I am sooo happy for you, and Patti and Suzanne are privileged to have you as a friend...as am I. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so Happy for you too, what a wonderful Girl's Day out that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart and the humility that come through this post Ally. You are such a kind, sensitive and wonderful lady- I wish I could meet you in real life and go shopping with you and have fun too! I am so glad that you felt the depth of friendship here!
    I find that I am awkward with people I don't know very well but when someone makes me feel comfortable, I can be myself so I can well understand your feelings, even if I don't have the deficit of true female friend companionship that you have missed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezzie, we WILL get together one day. And we'll have a great time!

      Delete
  5. I think it is easy to be at ease with you because you make others feel at ease ... I look forward to the day that we meet in person!!! I am delighted that you had a good time with Patti and Suzanne ... lucky three girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Lynn. I told my friends about you during the visit.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Lynn. It is very easy to be around you because you are so accommodating and are very present. You manage to live in the moment and enjoy the present and that is so very rare.

    I'm delighted we found a few fun pieces for you while thrifting.

    So happy you came for a visit girlfriend!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know if folks who have not dealt with the T issues that you have faced your entire life can appreciate the joy of acknowledgement and acceptance you felt as you were admitted into the world and accepted for your inner you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time with them - you are a marvelous human being and it sounds like they are as well. Makes me crave a girls trip now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post gave me goosebumps :)

    I'm so glad you have found your tribe. When women GET us... well, there's no greater feeling than that, is there?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete