Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Riding Down Under

It's Winter here for most of us, but those in the Southern Hemisphere are enjoying warm weather.  I have a friend named Brenda who lives and rides a motorcycle in Australia.  I'm honored that Brenda reads my blog 'cause she has zero interest in fashion.  She explains she finds other reasons to enjoy my posts: e.g., the photography; the personal stuff.

Not long ago, a cool new piece of equipment was developed for motorcyclists -- a camera that mounts to either your motorcycle or your helmet.  With it, riders can take pictures without using their hands.  Very important when your hands are busy controlling a motorcycle.

Brenda has one of these cameras (GoPro) and she used it on a recent ride.  Her pictures are amazeballs.  Not only is the scenery beautiful, she captured visually-arresting images.  I love them and asked Brenda if I could share a few with you.  She graciously said yes.  I'm sure you'll enjoy these as much as I do.

BTW, Brenda has a blog that's fun to read, even if you're not a biker.  She talks about her rides like a true writer; someone who can make anything fun to read. 



 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about Australia but I have always been intrigued by it's landscape...green trees everywhere, blue sky for miles...one day I will visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing there. I have a friend who lives in Australia and I hope to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What incredible pictures. Amazing what some people come to blogs for. Even 'fashion' blogs can have many other layers of importance. I love that you've made such a variety of friends and share those friends with us too.

    I'm also very jealous of their weather. It got so cold today. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at that sky! Beautiful pictures...makes me want to go to Australia. (But I'm still too chicken to ride a motorcycle!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Australia! Those photos are gorgeous. They really make me feel like I'm there. The GoPro is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ally .. this is so exciting. I'm so glad you enjoy my little blog and feel so flattered (and a bit amazed) that you think my pics are worth sharing. Thanks for calling me your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ally,

    Graeme has a GoPro as well and wears it when he goes out on his rides (often with Lynn's hubby) - he gets some interesting shots with it!

    Lovely pics that she's shared - I always feel as though I know the places when I see pics of Oz - it must be because our countries are so very similar.

    Have a stunning day

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that?!!! I need to start saving for a camera like that. :) Brenda's photos are very cool, thank you for sharing! Off to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks cool. I love the fish eyes effect of the camera.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How cool! Makes you feel like you are right there with her!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is soo cool. I even envy you with those motorcycle stuff (that must be so interesting!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pics are beautiful, and what a cool idea.

    But mostly I just had to comment that I love that you used the word "amazeballs"!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete