Saturday, November 10, 2012

Power!

They finally restored electricity to my home today.  The heat is slowly coming up.  I'm heading into the bathtub for a hopefully delicious soak.

Life will gradually return to normal.  I just cleaned the (empty) refrigerator and need to go out to buy groceries -- after I wait in line for two hours to buy gas.  A quarter of the homes on Long Island still don't have power and people are crowding gas-stations for fuel.

Because of this circumstance, I haven't been able to do any photoshoots (no lights).  I plan to remedy that this weekend.  Maybe I'll even show you the birthday present I bought myself (purple dance-leotard and tutu).

Lacking any other pictures to show you, let me entertain you with some photos I've collected of real buildings around the world.  These are real structures built by clever architects.  If you want any details on them, e-mail me and I'll clue you in.

Happy Power Day!


 

 

 

17 comments:

  1. Great news, hooray! Enjoy the heck out of that bath, and I cannot wait to see your birthday photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your el! Fill your fridge with everything yummy!
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you've got power back and that things are getting back to normal! :)
    Have a great hot bath!
    x
    Bel
    http://b-by-bel.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for power! Enjoy a hot bath and hopefully a delicious home cooked meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos! I'm glad you've got your power back. A few years ago we lost power for a couple days after a hurricane - it was most definitely not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy power day, yes so very happy that you have electricity. That tutu and leotard sounds fab! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! Enjoy that bubble bath, nothing like it in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay hope you enjoyed your bath!! Or are you still enjoying it :)

    Love those pics, I've seen some of them in some of my husbands magazines and they are facinating arent they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear the power is back on! You've had such a great attitude through it all. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life isn't what happens to you; it's how you react to what happens to you.

      Delete
    2. Here's where we need a Like button!

      Delete
  10. I love your reply to helmetorheels! Hope that bath was worth the wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot woot!!! :-p Hot baths for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I am so pleased to hear about the power coming back on. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo glad things are getting back to normal :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray!! So glad to hear you're going to be warm again :)

    ReplyDelete