Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The New Stieglitz

My favorite thing in the entire world is to light a match (by giving a gift) and watch the recipient's enthusiasm create a blaze.  That just happened with Emma and a dSLR camera I gave her (Nikon D3000).

Wasting no time, Emma has leapt into learning about photography.  She named her camera Nellie and is experimenting with Nellie's many features.  That's so cool.  Emma's joy at playing with this tool is palpable.

I eagerly look forward to Emma's future photographs.  And so should you.  Check out Emma's blog and you'll get hooked on her like I did.  Emma is a charming young woman -- who is now armed with a camera!

9 comments:

  1. I met Emma at a blogger event at The Limited awhile ago. That is so sweet you gave her the camera and now she is learning. What a great gift! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!

    And thanks Ally for (yet another!) sweet shout-out :) And for picking such a flattering photo of me...not all of them on the ol' blog are quite as good, haha.

    And rest assured, we SHALL meet IRL someday. I promise it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I just Googled Stieglitz. You flatter me!

      Delete
  3. Oooh how cool! Wishing her lots of luck with the New Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome you sent that to her! I've read her blog a little bit and I'm anxious to see what she does with her new camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome!!! :-) We use a dSLR at work and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an awesome friend!!! Hope Emma gets many many hours of fun out of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so awesome of you. Now, I know you didn't write this post so everyone would tell you how nice you are. But, seriously, you changed the girl's life. I zipped through her blog and looked at some of the pics she's captured with Nellie. She has a gift. And now she's armed with a tool to exercise that gift. So, good job on knowing just what to gift her with. :-)

    ReplyDelete