Friday, July 5, 2013

A Poem

 
 

One of my friends, Heidi, is a creative writer.  I've enjoyed her work for quite a while.

I was surprised last March when Heidi wrote a poem for and about me.  She gave it to me and I've been savoring it ever since.

Heidi just posted the poem on her blog.  Rather than reproduce it here, I want to direct you there so you'll visit her blog and consider following it.  Good writing is a joy for all of us.

To see the poem, go here.

I hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend.  Doing anything special?  I had to put in a few hours at work but still feel relaxed and in the holiday spirit.  Right now, I'm reclined in a chaise lounge in my leafy backyard, wearing nothing by  tiny short-shorts, listening to birds chirp and admiring the bright purple polish on my toesies.  Life can be good!

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ally, you really are too sweet! We just painted our toes pink here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a holiday weekend over here but it's beautifully warm and sunny and so I'm looking forward to two days of relaxing. Roll on 4pm!

    (I think I might have to paint my toe nails to join in!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I will go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see Heidi's poem... in the meantime I am admiring your cat brooch !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem. I love how she marries the idea of the Talmud saying to her poem about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful poem, as befitting its muse!
    Thanks for your encouragement, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful poem!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a touchingly beautiful honour to have a poem written about you. Heidi's writing strikes a chord with the soul and so eloquently captures a sense of your own spirit, dear Ally, amongst its wonderful lines.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful poem, and I'll check out some of Heidi's other posts. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful poem for a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I just wanted to thank Ally again for the post and to thank y'all for visiting and for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we're here for -- to spread the love!

      Delete
  12. This is very sweet and incredibly flattering! Not all of us have the privilege to say we've had poetry written about ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, kitten brooch :) You look so pretty - a poetry muse!

    Much love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete