Sunday, September 22, 2024

Winter Is Coming

It's been literally years since I bought any winter clothes. So I need some warm ones.

Feeling a little blue I decided now is a good time to treat myself. I just ordered two light sweaters for Fall from my favorite clothier (Paul Fredrick). For the heart of Winter I want a heavier sweater.

I heard about a famous sweater-maker in Ireland on the remote island of Inis Meáin. The company uses craftsmen and -women who've been weaving sweaters for a century. That high quality, and the fact that the company produces only a small number of sweaters each year, means their prices are crazy. But, hey, I don't buy clothes every day. And when it's cold you really want a warm well-made sweater, not some cheap crap made on machines in China.

This informative article describes Inis Meáin's history, materials and craftmanship -- here.

12 comments:

  1. You absolutely deserve treating yourself, Ally. Those Inis Meáin sweaters sound incredible! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that sounds heavenly! Winter wear is definitely one place you should indulge and enjoy. I wish I lived somewhere that I even truly needed a coat more than once every five years, but I've enjoyed learning about the sweaters. I love textile working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. You should get a second home up North. :)

      Delete
  3. It's lovely you have taken the time to research the Irish company and want to invest in them! Good quality does last and makes you feel more special! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! Treating yourself is important. Those sweaters sound warm and special. Quality matters, especially in winter. Enjoy your new looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy it once, keep it forever! A beautifully made garment is worth it - wear it as often as you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd have the wisest attitude toward clothing since it's your area of expertise.

      Delete
  6. I love their mock necks! You didn't share which ones you bought. I hope you share photos of you modelling them when they arrive.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. Thanks for supporting my feeble attempt to look good in this condition.

      Delete