Saturday, May 27, 2023

Turning A Corner

As you know my eye situation is dire. It's not going to get better; we're fighting to keep it from getting worse. But there is some good news.

My closest friends have been listening to me privately whine in despair. I've been naturally depressed given the cold water this unexpected predicament splashes on my future. Lately though, for the first time, I had two good dreams. 

Two nights ago I dreamt I was with my beloved mother. (She died in 1991.) We couldn't talk but she was there. I felt her palpable presence and could even hug her. That felt really good. 

Then last night I dreamt I had a chance meeting with a famous comedian right outside his TV studio. We intuitively clicked, went inside and did an unplanned, funny comedy skit. It brought down the house with laughter. The dream made me happy I can still entertain people, even if only in my dreams.

Do you ever dream about seeing deceased family members?


8 comments:

  1. Hang on to those dreams Ally!
    I have dreamed of seeing deceased family members on more than one occasion. These dreams are comforting and slightly disturbing at the same time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are but I need whatever comfort I can find these days so I welcome them. Thanks for responding.

      Delete
  2. I rarely dream of deceased relatives (I had some weird, very stressful dreams about my dad after he first died but not for years).

    I have had really strange, detailed dreams lately though. I have a wait and see medical issue and I think it's my way of stressing in my sleep lol

    I'm glad you had this comforting experience - and I saw on Twitter that you got out with friends!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Science still hasn't figured out yet why humans dream and what dreams mean. But I'll take comfort any way I can. And yes I brunched with friends last weekend and it felt like a welcome return to some sense of normalcy.

      Delete
  3. I'm not surprised your dreams made you happy and I am glad that something gave you some joy. I had a lovely dream where I met my deceased Father In Law and it was SO lovely to see him. I knew he was dead but it was still amazing to see him. He meant a lot to me and I am sad I only had him for 8-9 years in my life but at least I had that. I also dreamt I saw my beloved teenage flute teacher, Alan Laken, it was a week after he died, just before his funeral and he said he was really sorry we hadn't got to see each other before he died and it was so real. I only ever told my Mum about this dream but she thought it was quite an important dream.
    I would love to see my Mamgu again in a dream. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your personal stories with us, Kezzie. I relate to them so easily.

      Delete
  4. Also, just wanted to remind you that you are AMAZING! And I totally went back to the start of your blog and went to your original blog which I did not know about! I loved hearing about the early days of your blog. It was so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LiveJournal! Yes, that's where I first began. I am SOOO grateful to you for this. I believe the early days of my blog are so ME, so sincere, so authentic. Because of how blogs are structured (with recent posts first) our early stuff is overlooked but I'm proud of those efforts. The reflect who I was then, what I was trying to achieve and what I actually did accomplish. I hope others someday read it. My fear is that only AI machines will recognize that writing as worthy and that'll be too late.

      Delete