Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Stanley Cup Finals

Hockey News: Well, we now know who'll play in the finals for the Stanley Cup -- Florida Panthers against Las Vegas Golden Knights. Vegas is given a slight edge but neither team has ever won the Stanley Cup before. First game of the series is Saturday night (8pm).

I'm rooting for the Panthers for an emotional reason. You always like the team that beat the team that beat your team. The Devils were eliminated in the playoffs by the Hurricanes so it was nice to see the Canes later get trounced by the Cats. Plus the biggest surprise of the year was Florida's defeat of Boston in the first round. The Bruins had set records in the regular season so nobody saw their defeat coming. 

Some friends have noticed my hair lately. It's part of my plan to become a pro hockey player. Players call long hair "flow" (as in, "Nice flow!"). I figure once I get flow, I'll learn how to skate and the rest will be easy.

Go Cats!

10 comments:

  1. Also rooting for the Panthers (because they beat Boston!). Go with that magnificent flow, honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the first thing about hockey, but will still root for the Panthers just for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plan. Hugs from Prague, and long live your flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join you in rooting for them , a) because you did so I trust your judgement, b) they have a cute kitty logo and c) my favourite soft toy is my Pink Panther!
    P.S. Your comment on my blog was really sweet but honestly, if I make some little sparkle in your day then that makes me super happy!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good reasons for rooting for a team! And yes, you spread joy everywhere you go. :)

      Delete
  5. Twas I, le Kezzie!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned to recognize your comments even without a signature. :)

      Delete