Sunday, September 4, 2016

Free Movies

I watch a lot of movies. Some are on DVD. It's a shame I have DVDs that I've seen once which are sitting neglected on a shelf. I'd love for these films to have more life.

Help me with this. Pick any of these movies, e-mail me your choices (fhu@pipeline.com) and I'll mail the DVDs to you. For keeps. I'll even pay the postage.

Movies are fun!

[P.S., Some of you commented that you don't have a DVD player. You can watch these films on your computer if it has a DVD drive, which most do.]


- "Get On Up" (2014) -- Gripping biography of James Brown; my favorite movie of 2014

- "Across The Universe" (2007) -- Brilliant musical using songs from The Beatles [Claimed]

- "The Big Lebowski" (1998) -- Classic Coen brothers comedy with Jeff Bridges as "The Dude"

- "Shameless" (2015) -- Just-released sixth season of a TV show about a crazy working-class family

- "Fawlty Towers" (1975) -- Amusing British TV comedy about an inn-keeper starring John Cleese; a boxed-set that includes all 12 episodes [Claimed]

- "Rise of the Planets of the Apes" (2011) -- Re-make of the original Planet of the Apes films

- " Heaven" (2002) -- Cate Blanchett in an artistic film set in Italy

- "Project Nim" (2011) -- Affecting documentary about a chimp taught human language

- "The Pianist" (2002)-- Oscar-winner; stars Adrien Brody as a musician in Europe as WWII begins

- "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (2000) -- Oscar-winner; love and fighting in China

- "Overnight Delivery" (1998) -- Cute comedy with young Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd

- "The Big Bang Theory" (First Season) (2007) -- First year of the popular TV show

- "Paulette" (2012) -- French comedy about an old woman who sells marijuana

- "Harry Chapin: The Story Of A Life" (2009) -- Musical concert by Harry Chapin

- "Yusuf's Cafe Session" (2007) -- Musical concert by Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam

- "Frozen River" (2008) -- Drama with Melissa Leo about transporting immigrant children

- "The Atomic Cafe" (1982) -- Dark comedy about nuclear destruction

- "Young Guns II" (1990) -- Western with Kiefer Sutherland and Christian Slater

16 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to give away your DVDs like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Heaven and frozen River, plus the Harry Chapin in concert would be my choices, but I don't think I have a dvd player. I will ask hubby ( how embarrassing)

    How thoughtful and generous, and What a fun night watching a move that you sent...
    Wow!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ally ! I no longer own a dvd... and I no longer have cable tv.
    Just Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love the Fawlty Towers! I adore that series and used to own it on VHS! I'm also a huge fan of "Across the Universe" - I saw it in the theatre. I will send you an email - are you sure this is cool??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soundtrack from "Across The Universe" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always come up with sweet and lovely ideas, what a kind and wonderful person you are :) Hugs

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I don't even have a DVD player anymore, kind of sad. You have a great collection though!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS YOU'RE SUCH A SWEETHEART!!
    I have tons of DVDs I should giveaway too. :)
    Loving your sweet heart.
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a generous person. What a nice way to pass on some appreciaton for the arts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are such an unbelievably caring human :) You really are. Your posts always make me smile and it's so nice to return here, to your beautiful home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've watched some of them, and The Pianist (along with Across the Universe) are my favorite. I wish I could watch Shameless because I heard that Steven Robertson play on one of the episodes. But I live in Indonesia, though, so I don't know if it possible.
    You're really sweet by doing this. You make me smile just by reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so immensely kind + generous + considerate of you, Ally. Your heart of gold shines so brightly, the sun is jealous.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete